Ontopic Find all your Covid-19 needs here!

Except you don't even know if you've had COVID. :p This thread is littered with people who thought they did, but did not.
the dude your opinion GIF

With the mass influx of doses reported as incoming this month I'm still thinking I'll have my first shot by the end of the month.

Well after the morbidly obese and other people I'm stuck behind in the tiers.

600 pounders who eat Burger King 24x7 should be tier 8000000000
Yeah things will be speeding up quickly with 100M doses by the end of the month.

BTW, another interesting tidbit I read the other day...

I can't remember if it was Pfizer or Moderna who said it, but the manufacturing process of this shit is INSANE. Basically they've gotten it down from about 110 days to 60. That's huge, but it still takes SIXTY days from start to fill and finish.

With the mass influx of doses reported as incoming this month I'm still thinking I'll have my first shot by the end of the month.

Well after the morbidly obese and other people I'm stuck behind in the tiers.

600 pounders who eat Burger King 24x7 should be tier 8000000000
Don't you body shame me, fucker!

Bugs Life Reaction GIF

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
A friend in Indiana who is a college professor has to wait for the smokers to get vaxxed.
And my family in Colorado has to wait for the prisoners to get vaxxed.

It's about risk, and it's not like social distancing is going to be a thing in the pen.

IDK why I was higher on the list either, I just filled out my history on the state website, and went where and when they told me. I assume it has something to do with the cancer, but that could be grade A bullshit too.

It's about risk, and it's not like social distancing is going to be a thing in the pen.

IDK why I was higher on the list either, I just filled out my history on the state website, and went where and when they told me. I assume it has something to do with the cancer, but that could be grade A bullshit too.

You'd be in my tier here in Maryland.

There's all sorts of way to calculate risk. Vaccinating young people first is likely to slow transmission much more quickly (resulting in less older people being infected/dying), as well as reducing the chance for the virus to evolve immune escape.

There's all sorts of way to calculate risk. Vaccinating young people first is likely to slow transmission much more quickly (resulting in less older people being infected/dying), as well as reducing the chance for the virus to evolve immune escape.
The more obvious way to calculate risk (though less advantageous to someone who is young and terrified that COVID will make him stupid(er)) is to vaccinate the people who are more likely to die from it if they get it.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
The more obvious way to calculate risk (though less advantageous to someone who is young and terrified that COVID will make him stupid(er)) is to vaccinate the people who are more likely to die from it if they get it.
Obvious sure, but maybe not the best. For one, old people are generally down the transmission line. If you can stop the line before it gets to them - they won't die. Also, vaccine/immune escape is a real possibility, so again, vaccinating the people who are higher up the transmission chain prevents the virus from doing more experiments.

There is no real way to test this, nor time to educate the public - so we go with the simple plan.