Ontopic Find all your Covid-19 needs here!

Of course. But I was referencing your stat. That's about the amount of people the pollsters say want it. So we may be done-ish by May.

Aso. Was thinking of articles (that I didn't link) referencing the poll, again talking about herd immunity. Estimated levels to achieve it ranged from 70% to 85%. Meaning it won't happen at least until there's a vax for kids most of them take and maybe not until the number of adults who refuse it comes down some.

Also keep in mind that was a poll of 1055 Americans who were dumb enough to not only take a call on their personal phones from a number they didn't already have in their contacts but finish it through. Half of them probably wanted to influence the stats their way and the other half were probably lonely, drunk, or both.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
Meanwhile, in texas....

Of course he lifted the mask mandate regardless of the science. He's trying to save his political career and do anything he can to make his popularity go back up after the debacle of your power grid taking a shit (again) during the storm. I'm surprised he didn't send every Texan a brand new Chevy Silverado pickup truck.

Also I didn't actually know there was a state level mask mandate or that it had been rescinded. I just figured having one was common fucking sense.

• Gravy
Of course he lifted the mask mandate regardless of the science. He's trying to save his political career and do anything he can to make his popularity go back up after the debacle of your power grid taking a shit (again) during the storm. I'm surprised he didn't send every Texan a brand new Chevy Silverado pickup truck.

He can have my vote for a new Silverado.
I'm keeping my mask though.

Watch that fucker give away silverados then hit people for TT&L Oprah style.

I haven't been sick enough to miss a day of work since I can't remember when. The trick is to keep your BAC at a level nothing can survive. That's the one trick Big Health doesn't want you to know.

• Love
Aso. Was thinking of articles (that I didn't link) referencing the poll, again talking about herd immunity. Estimated levels to achieve it ranged from 70% to 85%. Meaning it won't happen at least until there's a vax for kids most of them take and maybe not until the number of adults who refuse it comes down some.
I mean, with a vaccine that's highly effective, does it even matter? Everyone that wants one will be safe. Yes, it would be nice if kids could get it to reduce spread, but it seems they aren't great spreaders anyway - otherwise Florida schools would be *littered* with outbreaks, and they also pretty much don't die from it either.

Don't forget that we need 85% of the world vaccinated before it really matters anyway.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Can you picture Fly's journal?

Day 74- Still unable to obtain a vaccination. Almost secured one on Tuesday evening but was chased away by the elderly staff at Walgreens for not being over 65. (Note to self, need to use more grey dye).
I was 3rd in line when they asked for 4 forms of ID, so I made a hasty departure.
The one woman gave chase and would have caught me if her Cane hadn't snapped.

@fly

Can you picture Fly's journal?

Day 74- Still unable to obtain a vaccination. Almost secured one on Tuesday evening but was chased away by the elderly staff at Walgreens for not being over 65. (Note to self, need to use more grey dye).
I was 3rd in line when they asked for 4 forms of ID, so I made a hasty departure.
The one woman gave chase and would have caught me if her Cane hadn't snapped.

@fly
The one vaccination place we've been going to has switched to vaccinating HCW. Since many of them have already been vaccinated, I'm hoping there will be a ton of leftovers. Will find out today!

• Gravy
Reactions: Strings
johnson and johnson is showing up en mass next week, im super glad i got an appt before it did
It's gonna be a game-changer here in New Mexico, for people out in the sticks.

A one-and-done appointment will help a lot, when you've got to drive 4 hours to get to the vaccination site.

It's gonna be a game-changer here in New Mexico, for people out in the sticks.

A one-and-done appointment will help a lot, when you've got to drive 4 hours to get to the vaccination site.
oh yeah, in general having a massive influx of any vaccine is a great thing.

Read somewhere J&J was also working on a booster shot that could up the single dose effectiveness from 85% or wherever it is now into the high 90s.

The president just said we could potentially have enough vaccines for every American by the end of May. Good. Get vaccinated people. I want to take my mask off and go fishing in Canada this summer.

and by fishing in canada you mean hanging with Kiki

also, if you guys get all your vaccines by may that’s all cute and stuff, the borders will still be closed here in May cuz our Vaxx situation is much slower than yours.

we are looking at September to have everyone HOPEFULLY vaxx’d

• Gravy
Reactions: Peppers