Fecchin' lunatic

Bubbles said:
I am definately a city girl. We lived in Pinnacle, North Carolina for a little while. That was frightening. My mom paid the lady down the street $100 a week to give me horebeck riding lessons. She had beautiful Arabians and she said I could not ride until I knew how to care for them. I spent the whole summer leading them to pasture and cleaning the poo out of their butt holes and to this day I have never been on a horse. That lady actually took my mom's money and got a stable girl out of the deal. :mad:
Yeah, we had Arabians, and we showed them. My mom was really good friends with a lady who showed them for a living. She had something like 18 horses, 3 barns and I worked at her place in the summers as a stable hand. I painted fences, cleaned up after 18 horses, fed them, groomed them and tacked them and in return she taught me how to ride. She did, and she let me ride in shows. One of the coolest things was riding a Champion Arabian stallion who was the sire of one of the horses we actually owned, who was my all time favorite horse ever.

I want to buy a horse. I figure Ryan has his Harley so why can I have a horse? They both cost about the same :eek:

zengirl said:
Yeah, we had Arabians, and we showed them. My mom was really good friends with a lady who showed them for a living. She had something like 18 horses, 3 barns and I worked at her place in the summers as a stable hand. I painted fences, cleaned up after 18 horses, fed them, groomed them and tacked them and in return she taught me how to ride. She did, and she let me ride in shows. One of the coolest things was riding a Champion Arabian stallion who was the sire of one of the horses we actually owned, who was my all time favorite horse ever.

I want to buy a horse. I figure Ryan has his Harley so why can I have a horse? They both cost about the same :eek:

Harley's smell better. ;)

why_ask_why said:
and they're easier to house train
Well, I'd have to board a horse, we don't have a house that would accomodate one. I figure boarding a horse will cost the same every month as his harley payment

zengirl said:
:) I grew up in the country

Here actually:

http://uselessforums.com/files/062205/sargrowup.jpg[/IM]

It was even more rural when I lived there [b]between 1979 and 1989[/b]

Aaaaand, I'm from a long line of farm folk. I'm the first generation not born on the farm. My family still runs a farm in southern Missouri growing corn and pigs.[/QUOTE]
OLD PEOPLE

*runs*

zengirl said:
Age brings freedom youth can neither afford nor appreciate

:heart:
Age is not a particularly interesting subject. Anyone can get old. All you have to do is live long enough.

:heart:

Harleys are crap. They're marketed around some misguided sense of nostalgia with a pricetag so inflated it's hilarious.

Lame-o said:
Harleys are crap. They're marketed around some misguided sense of nostalgia with a pricetag so inflated it's hilarious.
Ryan's was extremely reasonable given the age, mileage and condition.

Lets just say he paid less for the bike than the custom chrome is worth

I just found I can get an Arabian horse for under $2k.

I now know what I want as a wedding present :fly:

Yay camera phones!

69774246917_3300.jpg

zengirl said:
The only thing worse than owning a crotch rocket is being a passenger on the back of one. *shudder*

That hurt. I'm sure that after Knyte gets his bike I will be his passenger more than once. Now I'm going to go cry. :(