Fecchin' lunatic

shawndavid

Are you wanting making fuck berserker?
I'll bet foreign filmmakers love this. Where's our fun-loving mulleted Riggs from Lethal Weapon? I sure do miss him.

Mel needs to go the fuck away...

New Mel Gibson film to be in Mayan

LOS ANGELES, California (Reuters) -- Actor-director Mel Gibson is well on his way to cornering a new niche market in Hollywood -- movies written in exotic languages.

A year after breaking box-office records with "The Passion of the Christ," which was shot in Aramaic, Latin and Hebrew, Gibson has struck a deal with the Walt Disney Co. to release his next picture in a Mayan dialect.

Gibson is due to begin shooting the film, titled "Apocalypto," on location in Mexico in October and is aiming for a summer 2006 release, spokesman Alan Nierob said on Monday.

As with "Passion," Gibson will direct and produce the Mayan-language film from his own script through his own company, Icon Productions, and he will not appear in the movie.

The film's cast will consist of unknown performers native to the region of Mexico where the film is being shot, Nierob said. Few others details about Gibson's project were revealed.

"He lets his work speak for itself," Nierob said.

The story, which Gibson began writing nine months ago, is described as a "unique adventure" set 500 years in the past. Nierob said the title, "Apocalypto," was taken from the Greek word for an unveiling or new beginning.

A note on the first page of the script says: "The dialogue you are about to read will not be spoken in English." Gibson presumably will have the script translated into Mayan by a scholar of the language and release the film with English subtitles, as he did for "Passion."

A Disney spokeswoman confirmed that the studio had agreed to team up with Icon to handle marketing and distribution for the movie but declined further comment.

Entertainment trade paper Daily Variety reported that at least three studios passed on the film before Disney landed rights to it.

Still, the Disney deal demonstrates how much Gibson's clout in Hollywood has grown since he made "Passion," which was financed entirely out of his own pocket and issued by the small, independent studio Newmarket Films.

At the time, many industry analysts scoffed at what they saw as the commercial folly of making a film in Aramaic about the last hours of Jesus.

But intense media attention and a heavy Christian turnout helped propel the controversial film to well over $600 million in ticket sales worldwide, making it the most successful R-rated movie ever.

It remains to be seen whether Gibson can repeat his success with a subtitled film that lacks a built-in religious-based audience or controversy like the criticism leveled by some Jewish leaders at "Passion."

In the meantime, the "Lethal Weapon" star has put on hold what was to be his next acting project -- the Icon-produced drama "Under and Alone" for director Antoine Fuqua at Warner Bros., Nierob said.

Bubbles said:
I lost alot of respect for him after Passion. I will not watch his movies.

I have an odd amount of respect for people who say "Eff you, I do what I want" and then draw a lot out of themselves to make it happen.

*shrugs*

Lame-o said:
I have an odd amount of respect for people who say "Eff you, I do what I want" and then draw a lot out of themselves to make it happen.

*shrugs*

He painted the Jews an an extremely negative light and may have heightened anti-semetic feelings. I am not going to have this discussion again though because I did it too much when the movie was out. Thoses are my feelings and I don't care what anyone else has to say about it. Sorry...it's just the battle is too old, and I am too tired today to go dragging it up again.

Bubbles said:
He painted the Jews an an extremely negative light and may have heightened anti-semetic feelings. I am not going to have this discussion again though because I did it too much when the movie was out. Thoses are my feelings and I don't care what anyone else has to say about it. Sorry...it's just the battle is too old, and I am too tired today to go dragging it up again.

Oh, I wouldn't know. I never saw it. I just remember the hype surrounding it's production.

Bubbles said:

Did you actually see the movie or are you just one of the bandwagon haters?

Last edited:
Bubbles said:
See above. And I am Jewish.....so, overreaction or not, I take it personally.

It's not like you were there dude...... relax a bit. BUT, I can see how it could be found as offensive since there was quite a bit of negative stereotyping going on :eek:

Then again, it's just a movie.... *shrug*