Fecchin' lunatic

zengirl said:
Imagine my discomfort when I go visit my family and, without fail, I always get asked the question, "Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior?" point blank. :lol: It takes a lot of creative dance to maneuver myself out of that noose!!

One of my aunts that "cared for my soul" asked me that one time...... "Donovan, have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, and asked Him to forgive you of all of your sins??" I, at the time, was a mere lad of 19 or 20, and I looked her straight in the eye and replied, "Aunt Ruth, I'm glad you care so much, but I haven't even started to sin yet." She got a confused look on her face, and started to cry and ran off to my mom. My dad overheard the whole thing and just about passed out he was laughing so hard.

I highly recommend you try it again using my tact.

Or extreme lack thereof.

Bubbles said:
Stress causes smoking. And, i was hittin gthe keys so hard to type that my assistant actually came in and asked if everything was allright. It was definately time for a break.
I've found that it's never wise to let something typed on an internet forum bring out such a powerful emotional response, as 90% of the time everything is 85% bs. :heart:

I had to step away from the internet entirely for awhile, everytime I read a thread or replied to a post, my blood pressure would rise and I would get this overwhelming feeling of frustration and rage directed toward someone I didn't even know. That's not healthy. I know I needed to learn to accept the views of others if I wanted them to accept my own.

BigDov said:
One of my aunts that "cared for my soul" asked me that one time...... "Donovan, have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, and asked Him to forgive you of all of your sins??" I, at the time, was a mere lad of 19 or 20, and I looked her straight in the eye and replied, "Aunt Ruth, I'm glad you care so much, but I haven't even started to sin yet." She got a confused look on her face, and started to cry and ran off to my mom. My dad overheard the whole thing and just about passed out he was laughing so hard.

I highly recommend you try it again using my tact.

Or extreme lack thereof.
My family means well, and it's something that works for them, I accept that and I support their choice to live in such a way. The fact that I don't agree with it is the reason I live 350 miles away from them.

zengirl said:
My family means well, and it's something that works for them, I accept that and I support their choice to live in such a way. The fact that I don't agree with it is the reason I live 350 miles away from them.

If only I could be so lucky..... damnable family all lives within +/- 150 miles of me :(

BigDov said:
If only I could be so lucky..... damnable family all lives within +/- 150 miles of me :(
I don't know which is lucky. I really miss my family a lot, it got extremely lonely there for awhile, you don't realize how much familial support means until you don't have it anymore. I know I just couldn't live with the constant disappointment though, this way I only have to deal with it in small doses, a long weekend a few times a year.

zengirl said:
I've found that it's never wise to let something typed on an internet forum bring out such a powerful emotional response, as 90% of the time everything is 85% bs. :heart:

And the other 30% of the time it's just horse crap.

Lame-o said:
And the other 30% of the time it's just horse crap.
Fun fact!

While driving through the country, I can tell the difference between cowshit and pigshit based on the smell.

zengirl said:
Fun fact!

While driving through the country, I can tell the difference between cowshit and pigshit based on the smell.

Same here. Pigshit is far more rancid. Horseshit is more earthy, like cow manure.

Ever been in a cowpie fight?

Lame-o said:
Same here. Pigshit is far more rancid. Horseshit is more earthy, like cow manure.

Ever been in a cowpie fight?
No, we didn't have cows, well we had one but we sent it to the butcher and ate it.

Bubbles said:
:) I grew up in the country

Here actually:

sargrowup.jpg

It was even more rural when I lived there between 1979 and 1989

Aaaaand, I'm from a long line of farm folk. I'm the first generation not born on the farm. My family still runs a farm in southern Missouri growing corn and pigs.

the big green space there is actually a pond, not grass. We didn't really have a lawn, just trees. The house is circled in yellow and that white dot to the right of the house is our big red barn (with a white roof) where we had horses.

zengirl said:
:) I grew up in the country

Here actually:

[IMGhttp://uselessforums.com/files/062205/sargrowup.jpg[/IMG]

It was even more rural when I lived there between 1979 and 1989

Aaaaand, I'm from a long line of farm folk. I'm the first generation not born on the farm. My family still runs a farm in southern Missouri growing corn and pigs.

some miracle grow up the ass does wonders for growing pigs so I've heard :shifty:

why_ask_why said:
some miracle grow up the ass does wonders for growing pigs so I've heard :shifty:
:lol: Do you have any idea how mean pigs are? You can't pet them, they'd just as soon bite your hand off and eat you alive. Nasty beasts.

zengirl said:
:lol: Do you have any idea how mean pigs are? You can't pet them, they'd just as soon bite your hand off and eat you alive. Nasty beasts.

I used to know someone with a pet pig and it wasn't mean...it was hysterical to watch it play with the ferret they had too :cool:

why_ask_why said:
I used to know someone with a pet pig and it wasn't mean...it was hysterical to watch it play with the ferret they had too :cool:
Pet pigs are nice I guess, it might have something to do with the fact that they're being grown for food that pisses them off, ya think? :lol:

zengirl said:
the big green space there is actually a pond, not grass. We didn't really have a lawn, just trees. The house is circled in yellow and that white dot to the right of the house is our big red barn (with a white roof) where we had horses.

I am definately a city girl. We lived in Pinnacle, North Carolina for a little while. That was frightening. My mom paid the lady down the street $100 a week to give me horebeck riding lessons. She had beautiful Arabians and she said I could not ride until I knew how to care for them. I spent the whole summer leading them to pasture and cleaning the poo out of their butt holes and to this day I have never been on a horse. That lady actually took my mom's money and got a stable girl out of the deal. :mad: