Destruction of the World

Evolution spanning over many lifetimes. Not from what you learn over one lifetime.

I don't know. The best way to see how our brains have evolved anthropologically is to examine ancient skulls and, ideally, perfectly preserved brains encased in amber.

:shifty:

I'm a jerk

dude, seriously, some of us aren't on here every minute of the day. some of us have work to do in the meantime and don't read every post in the thread over and over looking for spelling errors. I didn't see the page with replies and didn't scroll up after my last response. Thanks for the PM, it got my attention, but you could have just left it at that.

I removed the pic, chill the hell out. give a guy at least a half hour before you post multiple negative rep and flame the hell out of him.

Last edited:
dude, seriously, some of us aren't on here every minute of the day. some of us have work to do in the meantime and don't read every post in the thread over and over looking for spelling errors. I didn't see the page with replies and didn't scroll up after my last response. Thanks for the PM, it got my attention, but you could have just left it at that.

I removed the pic, chill the hell out. give a guy at least a half hour before you post multiple negative rep and flame the hell out of him.
I was just here for this and I capitalized upon it. Dont be a h8er. :p

Do you believe that Genetic Engineering will be improperly used in the future? If so, what kind of use do you for see?

they can already fertilize an egg and allow it to divide a few times in a test tube and then check to see if certain ones have genetic defects. then they keep only the division that is genetically ok that goes on to become a baby.

What is to stop them from testing for genes that would make a baby good at sports, or a brilliant chess player, or a master ninja assassin? Should we be able to have that much control over the kind of offspring we have? Does man have the right amount of foresight to know the effects of this kind of controlled breeding will have on the overall evolution of man?

Well as you can tell I am mainly just looking at peoples answers to the first questions and then leading from that. I actually really enjoyed the answers they really make you think and let you see into others minds. Its my moms birthday so I am out for the night but will pick it up tomorrow.

they can already fertilize an egg and allow it to divide a few times in a test tube and then check to see if certain ones have genetic defects. then they keep only the division that is genetically ok that goes on to become a baby.

What is to stop them from testing for genes that would make a baby good at sports, or a brilliant chess player, or a master ninja assassin? Should we be able to have that much control over the kind of offspring we have? Does man have the right amount of foresight to know the effects of this kind of controlled breeding will have on the overall evolution of man?

Which genes are responsible for those though? They're all learned behavior. I don't think DNA is coded for things like strategic anticipation.

Final before I leave...

If we can Genetically Master the birthing process to control any genetic defects should we? Where do we stop, at defects or do you keep going to make your child have a certain hair color, a certain height?

Which genes are responsible for those though? They're all learned behavior. I don't think DNA is coded for things like strategic anticipation.

What about genes that ensure someone grows to be 8.5 feet tall, or to have bones and muscles built for running fast. That would be a damn good start to be a basketball player or olympic runner. Sure, some people will never be athletic or have heart like Rocky Balboa but they can certainly get a leg up (no pun intended) if they have the physiology of a sports machine.

What about genes that ensure someone grows to be 8.5 feet tall, or to have bones and muscles built for running fast. That would be a damn good start to be a basketball player or olympic runner. Sure, some people will never be athletic or have heart like Rocky Balboa but they can certainly get a leg up (no pun intended) if they have the physiology of a sports machine.

Bullshit. That pun was intended.