Destruction of the World

BeerAd

Flaccid Member
Aug 15, 2005
Largo, Florida
Marklar
₥0
I know a good amount of people believe what we are doing to the world will come back to take us out. In this thread I would like to talk about what your opinion is on this. This is as noted above a very open discussion with absolutely no wrong answers. We are not here to state fact(even though you can) I want this to be more of an open opinion. Keep it based around these questions but feel free to ramble about personal experiences that relate to the topic. Here are some questions for you...

What do you think is hurting the Earth the most right now?

What do you think is going to happen if it continues?

Do you believe that the Earth is going to try to "heal" itself?

Do you think there is much more going on than what scientist believe in these matters? Things that might not be able to be explained right now?

Rule - ABSOLUTELY NO PERSONAL ATTACKS or MAKING FUN OF OTHERS OPINIONS, this is an open discussion do not turn it into a flaming debate

Last edited:
What do you think is hurting the Earth the most right now? Global Warming

What do you think is going to happen if it continues? Life will end

Do you believe that the Earth is going to try to "heal" itself? Of course, but unsuccessfully

Do you think there is much more going on than what scientist believe in these matters? Things that might not be able to be explained right now? Yes, we do not know everything.

:hs:

Human overpopulation.
Crime goes up as population gets more dense. War leads to higher casualty rates. Territorial disagreements lead to incursions and more war.
The whole climate change thing? It's perfectly normal for this to be happening, the earth is healing itself.
Do you think there is much more going on than what scientist believe in these matters? Things that might not be able to be explained right now?
An inconvenient lie.

What do you think is hurting the Earth the most right now? Global Warming

What do you think is going to happen if it continues? Life will end

Do you believe that the Earth is going to try to "heal" itself? Of course, but unsuccessfully

Do you think there is much more going on than what scientist believe in these matters? Things that might not be able to be explained right now? Yes, we do not know everything.

:hs:

I see the unhappy smile at the end, do you think we cannot fix the problems? Or do you think that the earth will not react in a certain way, like a human fighting a cold?

Last edited:
I did that wrong, I am just going to post more questions that I get from replies but open for everyone to answer.

edit- I am gonna bold the questions too!

Do you think the Earth, more looked at as a creature, will cause hurricanes, flooding and natural disasters to help itself? Or is it doing it because we are causing some unsteadiness to its design?

I did that wrong, I am just going to post more questions that I get from replies but open for everyone to answer.

edit- I am gonna bold the questions too!

Not to be stupid but your first and last question nearly cancel themselves out. If one doesnt know the full scope of the problem there is no point on speculating on what a problem may be...

stripping its natural resources and pollution in all forms

We will either adapt our technology to rely less on natural resources, or we will be enable to maintain the current level of civilization we have.

The earth can heal itself to a certain extent, but it cannot process the amount of pollution we put into the soil and air at the rate we create it.

Yes, im sure we dont know everything and what we think is an absolute truth, may be completely incorrect. We understand less than we think we do.

Not to be stupid but your first and last question nearly cancel themselves out. If one doesnt know the full scope of the problem there is no point on speculating on what a problem may be...

Like I said this is a pointless thread made for posting opinions on questions that have no scientific background. Oh that and I am not always the smartest person.:fly:

Overpopulation and subsequent destruction of habitat.

We will lose remarkable flora and fauna and the untold secrets they possess.

No. Inanimate objects are incapable of ponderance and deliberate action, no matter how large they are.

Not really. It's pretty self explanatory. We proliferate and we destroy.

Personally I find it very interesting to hear each of your opinions on this and although I do not hold the same opinions as most I find it completely useful.

Do you guys like how this thread is going? Any suggestions let me know.

Personally I find it very interesting to hear each of your opinions on this and although I do not hold the same opinions as most I find it completely useful.

Do you guys like how this thread is going? Any suggestions let me know.

so far so good.

possibly. it could be the pollution, it could just be a cycle. science is still out on this one.

Remember that this thread doesnt care if you are right or wrong, just what you think, not what science has been telling you. I guess I am trying to say, what is your opinion not what "it could be". ;)