Destruction of the World

Did our brains evolve so much that we are destroying things that as simple hunters and gatherers would be fine still to this day?

Were we ultimately going to lead to this even if we did not evolve into such a mechanically dependent society

I had a teacher in school that said our brains never evolved, that we are the same as cavemen we just learn off of each other over time.

Given this is Texas education, I was reluctant to agree with her.

I would say that yes, it was inevitable. Our brains enable us to seek to make our lives easier, and making our lives easier was the goal which led to pretty much every invention in history. It's a cause/effect relationship.

"Necessity is the mother of invention"

well put again

Sorry if some of these questions sound obvious or just completely dumb but I am trying to keep it away from fact and more based on your own personal theories.

I had a teacher in school that said our brains never evolved, that we are the same as cavemen we just learn off of each other over time.

Honestly I don't know that that's incorrect to an extent. Have our brains evolved a lot or a little? Does your brain evolve every time you learn a new concept? You learn to make a tool which eventually leads to you learning other ways to use that tool, what other tools to make, how to use those additional tools, etc. etc. etc. Did our brains evolve in leaps and bounds or was it merely a domino effect created by what was already there?

Last edited:

That is actually kind of interesting but isnt evolution in its true for the ability to adapt? Wouldnt your brain be constantly evolving by learning?

Does anyone believe that we will some day force evolution instead of it taking thousands of years?

That's a pretty heady question. I don't think evolution can be hurried. I do, however, that we can replace it via genetic engineering. And that we are well on our way.

Honestly I don't know that that's incorrect to an extent. Have our brains evolved a lot or a little? Does your brain evolve every time you learn a new concept? You learn to make a tool which eventually leads to you learning other ways to use that tool, what other tools to make, how to use those additional tools, etc. etc. etc. Did our brains evolve in leaps and bounds or was it merely a domino effect created by what was already there?

haha, our highly evolved minds are thinking alike

Do you think the Earth, more looked at as a creature, will cause hurricanes, flooding and natural disasters to help itself? Or is it doing it because we are causing some unsteadiness to its design?

:confused: I don't think the earth has sentience and thus cannot "perceive" what's happening to it. I don't think we're causing this unsteadiness, either. People seem to think that these natural disasters are suddenly occuring and it's just plain wrong. Hurricanes, flooding, earthquakes - all that stuff has been happening way before we were here and will continue long after the human race has gone extinct or left the solar system. It's foolish to think that there's some higher rate compared to previous years because we honestly have little idea how often this stuff happened five hundred, a thousand, or ten thousand years ago.

People tend to forget that the earth is not supposed to have stable climate. Ten thousand years of relatively calm, stable climate is an anomaly. Ice cores have shown that the earth generally goes through massive changes in climate - not just "ice ages" but various times during such eras - that occur in the span of just a few years. This climate change we're experiencing is not caused by humans. Al Gore has lied to you. :)

edit: AND WHICHEVER ONE OF YOU RETARDS POSTED SOMETHING FROM TOYKEEPER.NET NEEDS TO EDIT THEIR POST

Last edited:

Evolution spanning over many lifetimes. Not from what you learn over one lifetime.

What do you think is hurting the Earth the most right now?

Penguins

What do you think is going to happen if it continues?

The Penguin Swarm will invade and take over the Earth by first capturing the fishing villages and cities. Then they will use their newly found food infrastructure to invade and freeze all land zones, effectively killing all that stand in their way. It's all about teh fishes.

Do you believe that the Earth is going to try to "heal" itself?

Yes, the prophecy states that a male penguin will be born unto the swarm as one of their own. This penguin will grow to understand the folly of the penguin ways and will eventually be the cause of their undoing. He will slay the penguin king and restore balance to the forces of nature.

Do you think there is much more going on than what scientist believe in these matters? Things that might not be able to be explained right now?

Absolutely, at this very moment the penguins are genetically engineering multiple classes of warriors which will be strategically deployed during the great invasion to ensure a successful takeover. And besides, lord only knows what will happen once Linux is the most widely used OS :omy:
hilarious post but that image is causing a window to pop up asking me to log in. edit, cracka

:confused: I don't think the earth has sentience and thus cannot "perceive" what's happening to it. I don't think we're causing this unsteadiness, either. People seem to think that these natural disasters are suddenly occuring and it's just plain wrong. Hurricanes, flooding, earthquakes - all that stuff has been happening way before we were here and will continue long after the human race has gone extinct or left the solar system. It's foolish to think that there's some higher rate compared to previous years because we honestly have little idea how often this stuff happened five hundred, a thousand, or ten thousand years ago.

People tend to forget that the earth is not supposed to have stable climate. Ten thousand years of relatively calm, stable climate is an anomaly. Ice cores have shown that the earth generally goes through massive changes in climate - not just "ice ages" but various times during such eras - that occur in the span of just a few years. This climate change we're experiencing is not caused by humans. Al Gore has lied to you. :)

Please just keep this thread to your opinion without pointing out others as foolish or wrong. Either that or stay out of this thread bud, with :heart: I say this

Texans are a bunch of Neanderthals...speaking of which, where has Drool been lately?

And to stay on topic, I think it is a combination of the Brain's physiological evolution as well as learned behaviors. Fossilized skulls are shaped differently and it's pretty obvious that the brain was larger in different areas in historic men.

Now whether or not learning caused a change in needs/living conditions which allowed the brain to adapt and change; or if a change in the brain enabled new thought which allowed us to adapt and change our own environment who knows. Maybe both.