Dead Space

I don't understand the line gun, but I haven't actually used it yet in battle. Can you manually set off the mines? I've only test fired the damn thing once.

The line gun just shoots a "wide" beam of energy, and its more powerful than the plasma gun. Both guns get really badass when you get some upgrades on them
The mines are timed, so you just shoot it at the problem area and wait. They work well for them little jumpy clingy things.

Something I realized about one of the monsters last night:

If you see one of them things that looks like a big, white bat, KILL IT FIRST. Otherwise itll hump the face of the nearest corpse and turn it into another monster. Yeah, big white face humping monster creating bats. Think about THAT before you go to bed tonight.

The line gun just shoots a "wide" beam of energy, and its more powerful than the plasma gun. Both guns get really badass when you get some upgrades on them
The mines are timed, so you just shoot it at the problem area and wait. They work well for them little jumpy clingy things.

So the beam will cut off the arms and the mines are icing on the cake?

I remember playing Quake 3 and hating the linear gameplay. It would force you down the one hallway you could take, and then once you passed a certain point you would trigger a monster spawn either in front of you, behind you, or on top of you. Is this game an amusement park ride like that, or is it more open and entertaining?

I remember playing Quake 3 and hating the linear gameplay. It would force you down the one hallway you could take, and then once you passed a certain point you would trigger a monster spawn either in front of you, behind you, or on top of you. Is this game an amusement park ride like that, or is it more open and entertaining?

Its sort of semi-linear. You have list of objectives and you can sometimes do them in whatever order you want. The monsters dont auto-spawn in the same place every time like quake. Its a bit more random than that.

I think you mean Doom 3.

Quake 3 was the "multiplayer only" quake, where the single player was the gay arena against bots.

I'm think of finding a MMORPG and giving it a try but I'm trying to decide which one. I may just wait for the The Old Republic just to start off at ground level.

Tad Williams is making an Otherland MMORPG too.

Last edited:
There really aren't any good MMOs out right now, in my opinion. The only one I've played for any length of time is Lord of the Rings Online because I've got about a dozen friends who play it. If I didn't I would have quit that one long ago too. And the Mines of Moria expansion comes out next month so I have to see if that's any good. I'm so sick of fantasy crap I could barf though. Just make a goddamn post apocalyptic MMO like Stalker or Fallout and get it over with. Something, ANYTHING, with guns.

I enjoyed Tabula Rasa, but none of my friends played it and the war story line wasn't very compelling at all. The combat kicked ass though. Fast paced with tons of shooting.

There really aren't any good MMOs out right now, in my opinion. The only one I've played for any length of time is Lord of the Rings Online because I've got about a dozen friends who play it. If I didn't I would have quit that one long ago too. And the Mines of Moria expansion comes out next month so I have to see if that's any good. I'm so sick of fantasy crap I could barf though. Just make a goddamn post apocalyptic MMO like Stalker or Fallout and get it over with. Something, ANYTHING, with guns.

I enjoyed Tabula Rasa, but none of my friends played it and the war story line wasn't very compelling at all. The combat kicked ass though. Fast paced with tons of shooting.

There's always Eve Online

When we're all 80 something do you think we'll be congregating in a virtual reality UF discussing the merits of Quake 32?