GAY Combo Breaker Spam Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the scariest part IMO. That’s been happening more with every new law passed, mostly gun “control” type laws.

Sheriffs are elected, but they also swear to uphold the LAW. When they don’t, it’s a violation like any other employee refusing to do what they are hired to do but with penalties that are more serious.

The NRA used to be a club, now it’s a PAC, and they don’t care how divisive they have to be to stay relevant. It’s caused nuts, nuttiness, and anti-gun “madness”.
the big thing here the past few months is we've had the State house flip parties and a new Gov. The Gov is the same party as the old one but with the change in house they are able to push through some changes that should have happened long before. Stuff like the Red Flag bill, oil and gas set backs from neighborhoods/schools, tightening immunization requirements, etc. And now people on the losing side are losing their fucking minds and everytime you turn around they are attempting a recall over elected officials because they are making changes they specifically don't like.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
Also when I picked up micfoflop inside the school she was like "the locked all the doors because there's a big yellow python on the loose outside".
So this morning I tell microflop that schools cancelled today. She says "Jeez do those people not know what they are doing? How hard is it to catch a stupid python."

It’s pretty bad that we have to lie to kids to prevent them from being afraid constantly on a normal school day but then never do anything to make them safer because that would infringe on someone else’s “rights”.

“Right” my frickin eye.

D4XL5JbWsAAvaVp.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD
This is the scariest part IMO. That’s been happening more with every new law passed, mostly gun “control” type laws.

Sheriffs are elected, but they also swear to uphold the LAW. When they don’t, it’s a violation like any other employee refusing to do what they are hired to do but with penalties that are more serious.

The NRA used to be a club, now it’s a PAC, and they don’t care how divisive they have to be to stay relevant. It’s caused nuts, nuttiness, and anti-gun “madness”.
What if a law is clearly unconstitutional? I'm not saying this law is, but I'm guessing that their interpretation.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
That's not for a Sheriff to decide. If it was then that's for the courts to deem it. And until a Court says it is or isn't then it's the law.
I hate to enact Godwin's law here, but you're saying that you'd start burning Jews if the state passed a law requiring you to do so?

Also, the sheriff (just like anyone else) is welcome to break the law at any time. That's why we have law, and penalties to go along with them.

I hate to enact Godwin's law here, but you're saying that you'd start burning Jews if the state passed a law requiring you to do so?

Also, the sheriff (just like anyone else) is welcome to break the law at any time. That's why we have law, and penalties to go along with them.
I never said the sheriff isn't welcome to break the law. But it's not their job to say they will or will not enforce the law. Also there are clearly limits on what can be passed by law without immediate intervention from the checks and balances. Something like burning the jews would not make it to that point. But a law that is passed by both the House and the Senate. Then signed by the Gov all without and legal intervention from the Courts is law. And an elected Sheriff who's just a cog in the long chain of law enforcement has zero legs to stand on saying he will not nor have his department enforce that law. Soley on the basis that he doesn't agree with it. All of the reasons these Sherrif's are giving against the law are complete BS.

Part of the Sheriff's oath is to uphold the Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land.

The law they say they're not going to enforce amounts to punishing pre-crime, which is a crime that has not happened, somebody just thinks it might happen.

In this case those Sheriff's are the only ones upholding things like search & seizure and due process rights while the rest of the system is not.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
I never said the sheriff isn't welcome to break the law. But it's not their job to say they will or will not enforce the law. Also there are clearly limits on what can be passed by law without immediate intervention from the checks and balances. Something like burning the jews would not make it to that point. But a law that is passed by both the House and the Senate. Then signed by the Gov all without and legal intervention from the Courts is law. And an elected Sheriff who's just a cog in the long chain of law enforcement has zero legs to stand on saying he will not nor have his department enforce that law. Soley on the basis that he doesn't agree with it. All of the reasons these Sherrif's are giving against the law are complete BS.
I understand that you think the reasons are BS. They clearly don't. That's how society works.

Status
Not open for further replies.