Buying a Laptop

Hrmmmmm

I am a complete noob to laptops, I never even use one, lol...

So I should be looking for...

Dual Core Processor
1gb Ram
15inch screen
120gb HD
and not Toshiba

Anything else I should be specifically looking for it to have?

I was just looking at that one...again favorable ratings, this has a faster processor than the sub-500 model and it has 2gb of ram...they also specifically state dual layer burner whereas the other said superdrive which I thought encompassed a dl burner but maybe not...this one sounds like a safe risk to me

safe risk, hehe... its corporate money who am I to care :eek: :fly:

Looks pretty good actually. After immediately taking it out of the box, format and reinstall with XP. Fuck that Vista shit.

Yeah, I still have a weird taste in my mouth from Vista last week.

So the Gateway or the Acer?

Zac said he doesn't like Dell when i showed him the Gateway so I am leaning to the Acer... I thought they only made monitors :fly:

So the Gateway or the Acer?

Zac said he doesn't like Dell when i showed him the Gateway so I am leaning to the Acer... I thought they only made monitors :fly:

we are a dell shop and I have rarely ever seen anything on their laptops fail even when 7 years old

acer got run out of the US from class action lawsuits in the 90's iirc...they did sell home computers until then in the US

we are a dell shop and I have rarely ever seen anything on their laptops fail even when 7 years old

acer got run out of the US from class action lawsuits in the 90's iirc...they did sell home computers until then in the US

Cool, thats definitely first hand experience... I love my Dell at home too...

Ordering now, thanks for all the help everyone!!!!