Buying a Laptop

BeerAd

Flaccid Member
Aug 15, 2005
Largo, Florida
Marklar
₥0
So I have never purchased a laptop nor do I know what I am looking for. My boss just called me and told me to buy myself a laptop on the company card :eek: FINALLY...

I dont know what to get or what to look for in a system besides the regular junk. Can someone help me do some shopping? He will be calling me back in a couple of hours so I can order it...

I figure I got about 500 to spend on it and it will primarily be used for work so I am looking for a work horse not a gaming rig.

I know this is kinda last moment but I appreciate the help!!!! :heart:

yeah, I just need something small to work on while here for 500 bucks... I just saw some on slickdeals for around 400

Maybe I explained it wrong, I just need something small for work, not a gaming rig or 2000 dollar system

Heres the best one youll get for that price:

etch-a-sketch-blank.jpg

I can't personally recommend a laptop under $1000. They're all crap no matter what brand you go with.

That is pretty much what I am looking for...

All I need it for is to work on my databases and check email. I am not doing much with it but this computer is so old(one of the flat sit under monitor cases) that I cannot even work from it. Plus I need to be able to do all of our reporting from where ever I am.

What kind of databases? If you're talking about small ones with only $100 records, then it doesn't matter. If you're talking about 17,000 records, etc., you're goign to start needing some power behind that laptop.

I have millions of records I work with and can do most of it from this piece of shit so I am sure any laptop would handle what I am doing fine. It just takes about ~1 minute to do large operations like updating DNC info and searching large tables. This is a pent4 1.8 with 256mb ram so I am sure I would be fine with a small little shit laptop