Breaking new ground...

D

Detman101

Guest
NeedMoreEmo said:
Mary Magdalene was (iirc) a complete sinner Jesus helped who most people think he had sexual relations with/married. Mary was his mom, but a different one.

Ah, the second woman. Now it is clear.
I always thought the name of his mother was Mary Magdalene.
:eek: :D :fly:

Thanks luv
 

simple

Giant Member
Sep 30, 2004
12,258
14
533
^_^
Detman101 said:
Trust me, it's not the want of sex with a woman. I haven't had sex with a woman in over 2 years and honestly I don't miss it that much that it would influence my actions in a relationship.
you're a guy, you're gonna have a hard time selling me on that
 

simple

Giant Member
Sep 30, 2004
12,258
14
533
^_^
Detman101 said:
Ah, the second woman. Now it is clear.
I always thought the name of his mother was Mary Magdalene.
:eek: :D :fly:

Thanks luv
don't be so hardcore about your religious practices until you have a complete understanding with what you're dealing with here.

READ!

Then maybe you'll realize how nutty it all is :D
 
D

Detman101

Guest
elpmis said:
you're a guy, you're gonna have a hard time selling me on that

I have been in situations where if I wanted sex I could have had it.
My ex and I would fool around and if I wanted to I could have just slid her up and slid into her. But all I wanted was to cuddle. I wasn't sexually attracted to her enough to want her in that way. It has to be right.
 

Dory Berkowitz-Bukowski

Ready for some Heroin
Oct 15, 2004
41,157
6,204
723
Robin Hood Country
Detman101 said:
Trust me, it's not the want of sex with a woman. I haven't had sex with a woman in over 2 years and honestly I don't miss it that much that it would influence my actions in a relationship.

But why hold back anyway?

God isn't going to be mad with you, if you're sure you'll be with this woman and probably marry her then there's nothing holding you back. The bible isn't meant to be taken literally, they're just guidelines i.e don't have promiscuous sex because its bad for society, there's a reason behind it but you don't have to follow it so completely. Your life though.
 
D

Detman101

Guest
elpmis said:
don't be so hardcore about your religious practices until you have a complete understanding with what you're dealing with here.

READ!

Then maybe you'll realize how nutty it all is :D

Very true. :(
 

CletusJones

CUCKGBLR
Oct 15, 2004
16,870
707
548
Detman101 said:
Oh okay fine I'll do it. *grumble*
You're completely right in that it's only been a short time *grumble*
but its gonna be rough burying these feelings till the time is right.
So if I seem a but cold or angsty please forgive me.
You know that I...you know how I really am.
I agree with everyone here, but can sort of see your side. Sara and I talked about this concept several times before we broke up. She was where you are at and I wasn't. she wanted to know when i'd feel like getting married and maybe having kids and stuff. granted, I'm only 24 but the concepts are still the same. We were best friends for 10 years and dated for 3 and change. She needed the reassurance that i'd pick her when the time was right and I couldn't give that to her because the time in my life wasn't right and I couldn't see that far ahead in our relationship. I suspect that this in conjunction with some other stuff was what caused our relationship to end. If you're ready and she's not, you won't be happy unless she's at the same point as you are. it doesn't sound to me like she's there, or will be there anytime soon. YMMV.

ieholly said:
5'1 with d boobs. i bet she has trouble standing up straight.
not to threadcrap, but PICS!
 

simple

Giant Member
Sep 30, 2004
12,258
14
533
^_^
NeedMoreEmo said:
But why hold back anyway?

God isn't going to be mad with you, if you're sure you'll be with this woman and probably marry her then there's nothing holding you back. The bible isn't meant to be taken literally, they're just guidelines i.e don't have promiscuous sex because its bad for society, there's a reason behind it but you don't have to follow it so completely. Your life though.
those born agains always go balls to the wall - it's like they think they need extra dosages to make up for all the fucked up shit they did in the past
 
D

Detman101

Guest
NeedMoreEmo said:
But why hold back anyway?

God isn't going to be mad with you, if you're sure you'll be with this woman and probably marry her then there's nothing holding you back. The bible isn't meant to be taken literally, they're just guidelines i.e don't have promiscuous sex because its bad for society, there's a reason behind it but you don't have to follow it so completely. Your life though.

I don't know. I, right now, don't know if I'm going to be with this woman.
Right now I don't know that she even really loves me like she claims she does.
Just by that alone I wouldn't have sex with her. Hell, I don't even know if she is attracted to me!!?!!?! That would help...but it's not there! I don't know it!
I could see myself giving it up if she really really wanted and needed me but i don't have that information so it's not an option. I guess no one really plays a strong enough role in my life to allow me to be sexually attracted to them.
I'm a libra, there has to be a balance. If the feelings aren't reciprocated they get dropped.
 
D

Detman101

Guest
CletusJones said:
I agree with everyone here, but can sort of see your side. Sara and I talked about this concept several times before we broke up. She was where you are at and I wasn't. she wanted to know when i'd feel like getting married and maybe having kids and stuff. granted, I'm only 24 but the concepts are still the same. We were best friends for 10 years and dated for 3 and change. She needed the reassurance that i'd pick her when the time was right and I couldn't give that to her because the time in my life wasn't right and I couldn't see that far ahead in our relationship. I suspect that this in conjunction with some other stuff was what caused our relationship to end. If you're ready and she's not, you won't be happy unless she's at the same point as you are. it doesn't sound to me like she's there, or will be there anytime soon. YMMV.

That is exactly what I'm feeling.
:(

not to threadcrap, but PICS!

You get em when I get em. :D
 

Desslock

Giant Member
Oct 14, 2004
3,047
1
482
52
MD
elpmis said:
those born agains always go balls to the wall - it's like they think they need extra dosages to make up for all the fucked up shit they did in the past
:rolleyes:
 

simple

Giant Member
Sep 30, 2004
12,258
14
533
^_^
Detman101 said:
I don't know. I, right now, don't know if I'm going to be with this woman.
Right now I don't know that she even really loves me like she claims she does.
Just by that alone I wouldn't have sex with her. Hell, I don't even know if she is attracted to me!!?!!?! That would help...but it's not there! I don't know it!
I could see myself giving it up if she really really wanted and needed me but i don't have that information so it's not an option. I guess no one really plays a strong enough role in my life to allow me to be sexually attracted to them.
I'm a libra, there has to be a balance. If the feelings aren't reciprocated they get dropped.
dude, just chill out for a bit, I think you're just freaking out

just date her like a normal person for awhile, you'll know when it's right
 

Dory Berkowitz-Bukowski

Ready for some Heroin
Oct 15, 2004
41,157
6,204
723
Robin Hood Country
Detman101 said:
I don't know. I, right now, don't know if I'm going to be with this woman.
Right now I don't know that she even really loves me like she claims she does.
Just by that alone I wouldn't have sex with her. Hell, I don't even know if she is attracted to me!!?!!?! That would help...but it's not there! I don't know it!
I could see myself giving it up if she really really wanted and needed me but i don't have that information so it's not an option. I guess no one really plays a strong enough role in my life to allow me to be sexually attracted to them.
I'm a libra, there has to be a balance. If the feelings aren't reciprocated they get dropped.

You're obviously expecting a lot out of this girl. You're not getting it. Maybe she's perfect for you, but you're not perefct for her, it happens. She's never going to love you as much as you love her, it's hard to find a balance of emotion between two people in a relationship but it sounds to me like its all stacked in your corner. :heart:
 
D

Detman101

Guest
elpmis said:
those born agains always go balls to the wall - it's like they think they need extra dosages to make up for all the fucked up shit they did in the past

Not really, it's just what I've been taught in my church.
Even before I got Saved I have been a man of my word. What I say I do, and what I do I live by.
The commitment to my word and honor was always there. Religion has just put another shine to it.
:)
Slightly insaner...but shiny just the same.
I plan to always have people able to believe that I am a man of honor and a man of my word.
 

simple

Giant Member
Sep 30, 2004
12,258
14
533
^_^
Detman101 said:
Not really, it's just what I've been taught in my church.
Even before I got Saved I have been a man of my word. What I say I do, and what I do I live by.
The commitment to my word and honor was always there. Religion has just put another shine to it.
:)
Slightly insaner...but shiny just the same.
I plan to always have people able to believe that I am a man of honor and a man of my word.
in my opinion, honor is all that matters
 

Dory Berkowitz-Bukowski

Ready for some Heroin
Oct 15, 2004
41,157
6,204
723
Robin Hood Country
elpmis said:
those born agains always go balls to the wall - it's like they think they need extra dosages to make up for all the fucked up shit they did in the past

I'd never have enough time to make up for my past then.

All God asks is that you believe and have faith, not that you stick to his guidelines so absolutely.

I prefer being a cynical be-yatch, I'll never buy into any religion while sane.
 
D

Detman101

Guest
elpmis said:
dude, just chill out for a bit, I think you're just freaking out

just date her like a normal person for awhile, you'll know when it's right

Yes, I'm going to do just what you and NME have recommended.
It is the only way that I'm going to retain my sanity...

and my heart.
:(