Breaking Bad - If you dont watch it, you suck

I don't know much about your healthcare system, but do they cover experimental chemo? Second or third opinions? That sort of thing?

Not being a pain in the arse, genuinely curious.

Not really sure as I haven't had much to do with the Oncology Department, I'd sure polo could tell you that it's a complete mess and you may as well kill yourself but I have known people with cancer and brain tumours etc. and they care they got they felt was first rate. They get their drugs, they get their scans, they get seen faster than any other patients if they have cancer and I'm not sure about experimental but they do get chemo. It's probably not as good a care as you'd get if you were a millionaire but we do have private hospitals for people who happen to have that kinda dough.

I dunno Chikken, how much do you know about the drug culture that is stupidly portrayed in the show? :wtf: Maybe it's really like that in America, but it's not like that in England.

I've said before, I claim no knowledge of the drug culture in this country.

I do know that the kid reminds me an awful lot of an aquaintance in HS who dealt.

And as an old, straight-edged guy myself, the first place I'd go would be a kid like that.

Put it this way Chikken it's a bit like society, it's not gonna happen that a pauper happens to be best buds with a billionaire. I might be friends with poor and slightly rich people, but it's only the rich who are friends with the super rich. Basically if you sell a bit of weed you will not be getting rid of kilos of the stuff within a matter of weeks. You need contacts, it's pretty fucking hard to shift things the more bulk buys you get. Not to mention the more you sell the more violence is involved. My cousins ex-boyfiend just got hacked to death with a machete in broad daylight because he was selling more crack than the people on the rung above him were comfortable with.

Thats where the expensive comes in, pay out the ass for the life of the policy and get a big payday, theres always a company willing to do it.

It'd probably be ridiculously expensive, like hard to pay the rest of the bills they are already struggling to pay expensive.

Luckily, we got life insurance before I had cancer. It *still* wasn't cheap, since my father died from a heart attack at a young age. I had to have my first EKG at the ripe old age of 26 to get coverage.

Put it this way Chikken it's a bit like society, it's not gonna happen that a pauper happens to be best buds with a billionaire. I might be friends with poor and slightly rich people, but it's only the rich who are friends with the super rich. Basically if you sell a bit of weed you will not be getting rid of kilos of the stuff within a matter of weeks. You need contacts, it's pretty fucking hard to shift things the more bulk buys you get. Not to mention the more you sell the more violence is involved. My cousins ex-boyfiend just got hacked to death with a machete in broad daylight because he was selling more crack than the people on the rung above him were comfortable with.

Then you have to watch more of the show to comment :lol:

Enemy just argues to argue. Even tho her points are very circular. :fly:

I'm not arguing, fly and Chikken were asking me to explain why I thought it was inaccurate. I've said maybe it's because things in England are different (i.e. I wouldn't have to worry about supporting my family if I got cancer to the same extent) but w/e, you can carry on labelling me as a persistent arguer.

I'm not arguing, fly and Chikken were asking me to explain why I thought it was inaccurate. I've said maybe it's because things in England are different (i.e. I wouldn't have to worry about supporting my family if I got cancer to the same extent) but w/e, you can carry on labelling me as a persistent arguer.

That's not the point though.

Sure they could survive without him, family, friends, etc. would step in to help.

That doesn't matter to the father/husband however, HE has to provide for his family.

That's not the point though.

Sure they could survive without him, family, friends, etc. would step in to help.

That doesn't matter to the father/husband however, HE has to provide for his family.

I suppose, but without that amount of testosterone I'm not sure I can relate :fly:.

One other thing pissed me off (I'm starting to remind myself of the dweebs who nitpicked the finale of BSG but whatever) is that episode where he's sent to rough up the guy who has stolen the cash machine. WHY would you let that crackwhore get the better of you. I guess I just see Breaking Bad as one frustrated horror movie after another, but I can see why it would be fun to watch, the inaccuracies just ruin the enjoyment for me.

On another note, is that New Blood one or whatever the one about science or is it something else?

I'm sorry, maybe we all missed your big and important message within the thread that contributed so much to the discussion and the way that the thread panned out.

No, you missed the point where this thread was about a TV show, and not a debate on drug culture and medical care.

You really should start smoking again.

I suppose, but without that amount of testosterone I'm not sure I can relate :fly:.

One other thing pissed me off (I'm starting to remind myself of the dweebs who nitpicked the finale of BSG but whatever) is that episode where he's sent to rough up the guy who has stolen the cash machine. WHY would you let that crackwhore get the better of you. I guess I just see Breaking Bad as one frustrated horror movie after another, but I can see why it would be fun to watch, the inaccuracies just ruin the enjoyment for me.
No, you wouldn't be able to relate :p

Part of the attraction is the horrible mistakes they make, it's painful to watch sometimes :lol: of course I'm yelling at the (TV) dude to just get the heck out of there, as soon as he saw the kid in the house. :dont: