Breaking Bad - If you dont watch it, you suck

fly and ape, if you like breaking bad you have to check out true blood...this might have supplanted breaking bad as my favorite show on tv

House isn't based on real life, but it at least makes an attempt to be medically accurate.

Sure...

Can you remember anything in particular that you found completely unbelievable in Breaking Bad? I'm generally pretty picky about stuff like that, and haven't found anything to bitch about. What did I miss?

btw, they've already announced a third season of Breaking Bad.

of course it's coming back...he won the emmy for best actor for season 1 and might get it again for season 2

I said it in a thread before but I found the whole premise complete ridiculous. A straight edge chemistry teacher decides to enter the disgusting and ugly world of meth just because he has cancer. I just don't believe if I had cancer and needed money I'd suddenly start hanging around with smackheads. There are certain things that most people cannot do and I just don't see the timeframe either. He has cancer then 2 weeks later he's dunking bodies into acid, REALLY???

Plus like I said anybody with half a brain would realise that unless they stop working with that tweaker dweeb then they're going to either get killed or fucked over by the police because he's such a doped up fool that he's a liability. Not smart considering the character is supposed to be a supposedly clever teacher.

The entire show is about putting the main character into situations where he has NO good options. From a societal point of view, its about showing how when it comes down to it, we're all the same and we're all savages. So, I still find all this believable. If you care, this is why....

I said it in a thread before but I found the whole premise complete ridiculous. A straight edge chemistry teacher decides to enter the disgusting and ugly world of meth just because he has cancer. I just don't believe if I had cancer and needed money I'd suddenly start hanging around with smackheads.

What if you knew that you :
* had the knowledge to do it right and safely
* had a kid with cerebral palsy
* had a pregnant wife
* had a distinguished career with nothing to show for it.

How would you make sure that your family was taken care of in that 18 month period of your life?

(and btw, smackheads = heroin) :D

There are certain things that most people cannot do and I just don't see the timeframe either. He has cancer then 2 weeks later he's dunking bodies into acid, REALLY???

As I mentioned before, he really had no choice. He was already all in, so he can't call the cops and say he's quitting.

Plus like I said anybody with half a brain would realise that unless they stop working with that tweaker dweeb then they're going to either get killed or fucked over by the police because he's such a doped up fool that he's a liability. Not smart considering the character is supposed to be a supposedly clever teacher.

The problem here is that the power oscillates between those two. They both need each other to make money. As the second season wears on, Walter begins to care about the kid (as a father) as well as a business parter. I think this is an attempt to show that even though he's over the edge, there still is a hint of that good, normal person that we all are.

The entire show is about putting the main character into situations where he has NO good options. From a societal point of view, its about showing how when it comes down to it, we're all the same and we're all savages. So, I still find all this believable. If you care, this is why....

What if you knew that you :
* had the knowledge to do it right and safely
* had a kid with cerebral palsy
* had a pregnant wife
* had a distinguished career with nothing to show for it.

Thing is that I live in a society where my cancer treatment would be paid for, so I can't really relate to that kinda problem. People die all the time, our government generally provides for those who need it. In England if he died, he would have been given medical care and then she would be main carer for her son and get tons of financial benefits.

(and btw, smackheads = heroin) :D

We don't really have such a thing for meth in England, it's more crack and smack so I was equating it to something that relates ot me.

The problem here is that the power oscillates between those two. They both need each other to make money. As the second season wears on, Walter begins to care about the kid (as a father) as well as a business parter. I think this is an attempt to show that even though he's over the edge, there still is a hint of that good, normal person that we all are.

It's just not the way things would happen, if you really wanted to be some big drug overlord-type you would actually have to be pretty fucking hard. In my city if you wanted to be shifting tons of drugs you better be a yardie (jamaican) otherwise you will be dead. I just find it very improbable that he would still be alive if this was real life.

Anyway I said my peice. :D

fly and ape, if you like breaking bad you have to check out true blood...this might have supplanted breaking bad as my favorite show on tv

:lol: wow, your like all kinds of about that show now.

I admit, I watched almost the entire season in 2 days, it was addicting.

I friggin hate Bill though. Vampires aren't supposed to be whiney pussies. They should hire David Boreanaz, and put Angel in as a replacement.