WTF Bad boys, Bad boys, whatcha gonna do

plus I don't think @august at any point suggested trying to punch the cop

but to say that the only thing you should do when a cop is acting illegally is lay down and take the abuse is kinda bullshit. it shouldn't be acceptable for cops to arrest someone for not having a nice attitude toward them
knowing your rights and expecting they be respected is not a crime

contempt of cop is not a crime

You guys go ahead and drop science on those dumb cops! REALLY SHOW EM!
thanks for your valuable input, while we're talking about what cops care about I bet they're sure glad you're out here caping for their rights to violate peoples' rights with impunity.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
thanks for your valuable input, while we're talking about what cops care about I bet they're sure glad you're out here caping for their rights to violate peoples' rights with impunity.
No you dum-dum. Of course I would prefer that cops be more educated on the subject. However, its generally not a good time to attempt that education during a high stakes interaction.

No you dum-dum. Of course I would prefer that cops be more educated on the subject. However, its generally not a good time to attempt that education during a high stakes interaction.
if you are hanging out, not doing anything wrong, and a cop attacks you AND sics their dog on you, are you really saying, with 100% certainty, you would not react by doing anything other than lying face down with your hands behind your back as the dog bites you?

or do you think she should have just sacrificed her liberty in the first place and allowed the cop to search her property and person so he wouldn't have HAD to do it illegally, and really it's her own fault she got the dog on her because she was so uppity as to know and express that she knew her rights?

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
when this shit happens and you make excuses for the cop's behavior, you are siding with oppression. you are blaming the victim. the cop knowingly chose to repeatedly violate her rights, but obviously she brought it on herself for not just CONSENTING in the first place to having her rights violated.

You guys go ahead and drop science on those dumb cops! REALLY SHOW EM!

so if you get pulled over and the cops says he's going to search your car you're just going to let him?

or if a cop knocks on the front door and demands to be let in you'll just say ok?

Except it is a crime. And right or wrong, preaching Constitutional law during a high anxiety interaction can have chilling consequences. There is a time and place for everything. You can go ahead and punch a cop, if you'd like. I'll take my arrest and then handle it later properly, with lawyers.
You'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6?

That might actually work out, since you're white. Unless bad haircuts become criminal.

What are you even talking about?
what we've been talking about this entire time. these are examples of times when a cop is reaching beyond their authority like in the story we're talking about. a cop isn't allowed to just search a person's bags without a warrant. she asked for one and got treated like a fucking criminal for it

how is that any different than you asking for a warrant when a cop demands to search your house?

how is anything we've suggested even remotely close to outlandish? do you think cops don't ask to search people's cars when they get pulled over?

Yes, and then I get these outlandish replies from these haripes, "WELL WHAT IF ALIENS WERE RAPING YOUR DOG AND THE POLICE ONLY DROVE TRUCKS?!?!?!?!"
AM I BEING DETAINED?

giphy.gif

I don't think I saw this on here.

Cops are called for a possible assault behind her place. Cops show up, one of them shoots her through the car door. Bodycam was not on.

Three sources with knowledge of the incident said Sunday that two officers in one squad car, responding to the 911 call, pulled into the alley. Damond, in her pajamas, went to the driver’s side door and was talking to the driver. The officer in the passenger seat pulled his gun and shot Damond through the driver’s side door, sources said. No weapon was found at the scene.

http://www.startribune.com/woman-ki...ed-shooting-in-south-minneapolis/434782213/#1