WTF Bad boys, Bad boys, whatcha gonna do

Cops have been pretty hands off for petty things here since the whole covid thing. They're showing us how much we really don't need them, or at least not near as many.

Cops have been pretty hands off for petty things here since the whole covid thing. They're showing us how much we really don't need them, or at least not near as many.
Maybe you haven't needed them, but is it leading to advances in certain types of crime? ?Is it easier to shoplift with social distancing. Easier to look like you only had a fleeting moment of contact with someone - in the past it was a quick drug pass, is it now people just lurching away from each other? Certainly crime is finding new avenues within this new paradigm. idk.
Hey, someone has to play the devil's advocate - he had cash.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Maybe you haven't needed them, but is it leading to advances in certain types of crime? ?Is it easier to shoplift with social distancing. Easier to look like you only had a fleeting moment of contact with someone - in the past it was a quick drug pass, is it now people just lurching away from each other? Certainly crime is finding new avenues within this new paradigm. idk.
Hey, someone has to play the devil's advocate - he had cash.

I didn't even bother to register the truck last year. Never even got pulled over let alone ticketed. Saved myself a cool $78.50 there.
Speed traps mostly gone. Traffic in the mornings runs a good 80mph or so. Means I get to sleep a few more minutes so there's time in my pocket.
Even got to exact a little vigilante justice on a couple petty thieves a time or two. I guess they failed to consider that whole lack of police presence thing works both ways. Suffice it to say the area has been trouble free ever since.

So yeah, they're still here, handling more serious crime, as they should be. We do need some cops but no they don't need to be up everybody's ass over every stupid little thing. Could probably cut the department by 1/3 and still handle real crime.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
yeah, i dont know that we'll ever go back to pre-covid traffic to be honest. Working from home has proven so viable for a ton of people that there is gonna be a permanent decrease in rush hour cars

• Gravy
yeah, i dont know that we'll ever go back to pre-covid traffic to be honest. Working from home has proven so viable for a ton of people that there is gonna be a permanent decrease in rush hour cars

I think so too at least to some degree. Doubt I could find the same article again but was talking about seeing the effects of it in things like office space/commercial real estate, etc. Companies looking at downsizing physical footprint requirements.
Example: you could run 75 or 100 employees in the office space that used to support 50 by having them come in, say 2 days a week and working from home the other 3.
Some things still work better in person but they don't all have to be there all the time.
The people like it better and the companies can cut some overhead.

Id be glad to come into the office to be honest if i were given an option. I just dont have a space at home thats conducive to working and staying focused.

• Gravy
I think so too at least to some degree. Doubt I could find the same article again but was talking about seeing the effects of it in things like office space/commercial real estate, etc. Companies looking at downsizing physical footprint requirements.
Example: you could run 75 or 100 employees in the office space that used to support 50 by having them come in, say 2 days a week and working from home the other 3.
Some things still work better in person but they don't all have to be there all the time.
The people like it better and the companies can cut some overhead.

This will be happening.

There will be a glut of cheap commercial space in the next 2-3 years as leases expire.

• Gravy
I didn't even bother to register the truck last year. Never even got pulled over let alone ticketed. Saved myself a cool $78.50 there.
Speed traps mostly gone. Traffic in the mornings runs a good 80mph or so. Means I get to sleep a few more minutes so there's time in my pocket.
Even got to exact a little vigilante justice on a couple petty thieves a time or two. I guess they failed to consider that whole lack of police presence thing works both ways. Suffice it to say the area has been trouble free ever since.

So yeah, they're still here, handling more serious crime, as they should be. We do need some cops but no they don't need to be up everybody's ass over every stupid little thing. Could probably cut the department by 1/3 and still handle real crime.
You know, seems when I worked from home before I had some assholes come onto my property about once a year. Like they'd pull up, get out and kinda look about (yeas I have cameras). Or come to the door and have some BS reason for being there. None of that shit the last 11 months. More people at home has got to be putting a dent in daytime breakins.
Police presence could definitely be reduced in some areas. Almost our entire country uses the sherrif's dept rather than have their own force. It sometimes feels like all they do in the sticks is write tickets,. Versus the more serious workload in the more urban areas. mmmmmm, I love when traffic is rocking 80, 90+ and a cop couldn't jump into that if they wanted to.

• Gravy
I'd like to call out a good police interaction. Had a delivery at my house the other day, delivery dude was just steaming mad for some reason and when he left he rammed the pallet he had just dropped off with the box truck, then smashed my mailbox and drove off the road like 4 times crushing my drainage culvert. Then sped away. So technically a "property damage hit and run", but realistically largely a civil matter.

Need a police report for insurance and the claim against shipping company etc, so i file an online report never expecting (or needing to hear back) and i get a call and an email, and a follow up email less than 12 hours later from an officer who has actually done work already dug up the tag, identified the company, and is asking for additional information so he can send an officer out to find the truck and gather evidence of the damage......

I really appreciate it officer... but i just needed a case # to give to the insurance.

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138
Also, the Aurora special investigation found that the cops that killed Elijah McCain had no justification to even stop him, no less assault him and then kill him.

Thats the 140lb kid they said was a violent threat to 3 trained police officers for walking home with his iced tea. So they attacked him while he begged for his life, knocked him unconscious, and then injected him with a fatal dose of ketamine while he was unconscious.

I'd like to call out a good police interaction. Had a delivery at my house the other day, delivery dude was just steaming mad for some reason and when he left he rammed the pallet he had just dropped off with the box truck, then smashed my mailbox and drove off the road like 4 times crushing my drainage culvert. Then sped away. So technically a "property damage hit and run", but realistically largely a civil matter.

Need a police report for insurance and the claim against shipping company etc, so i file an online report never expecting (or needing to hear back) and i get a call and an email, and a follow up email less than 12 hours later from an officer who has actually done work already dug up the tag, identified the company, and is asking for additional information so he can send an officer out to find the truck and gather evidence of the damage......

I really appreciate it officer... but i just needed a case # to give to the insurance.
amazingly, home depot paid out for this. Full payment for the item the dude rammed, the mailbox, and the culvert replacement.

I suppose the video of the dude ramming shit with his box truck probably made them not argue too hard.

• Gravy
amazingly, home depot paid out for this. Full payment for the item the dude rammed, the mailbox, and the culvert replacement.

I suppose the video of the dude ramming shit with his box truck probably made them not argue too hard.
Post that video on the youtubes for us, sounds fun