Ask a Mormon anything.

Y'all are harsh. ;_;

Thanks for the reply, kiwi!

No, I am genuinely interested. I know in most Christian sects, most everything is traditionally done, with special washings for special garments and records of events and such. I find the popemobile an interesting detour from tradition for Catholics.

With so many millions more Mormons now after that rule was enacted, are they using modern approaches to storing names and records?

Our records have been stored on computers for quite some time now. I don't know if there are still paper ones or not. There is a main office in Salt Lake that keeps track of it all, and from there it filters all across the world following the person to their specific ward and leaders.

I know that in the Mormon church they have a different view of God then the traditional Trinitarian view of Protestant/Catholic Christians. How different is it?

(sorry two in one post)

Also, I thought I remember reading that the Mormon church actually believes that God is a descendant from other beings, is there any truth to that story? If there is validity to that claim how does the Mormon church believe God became alone in the universe? This was never answered in the discussion I was listening in on.

I know that in the Mormon church they have a different view of God then the traditional Trinitarian view of Protestant/Catholic Christians. How different is it?

(sorry two in one post)

Also, I thought I remember reading that the Mormon church actually believes that God is a descendant from other beings, is there any truth to that story? If there is validity to that claim how does the Mormon church believe God became alone in the universe? This was never answered in the discussion I was listening in on.

I know a lot of Christians believe the God, Christ, and the Holy Ghost are all one person, we believe they are all 3 separate beings. Is that what you mean?

On the second, we believe that we can all become like God, so if we can ultimately become Gods, it would be foolish to think that God wasn't once a man like us living the same cycle with God's before him, etc, etc. We certainly don't think he's the only one left out there. He is simply our only God.

I know a lot of Christians believe the God, Christ, and the Holy Ghost are all one person, we believe they are all 3 separate beings. Is that what you mean?

On the second, we believe that we can all become like God, so if we can ultimately become Gods, it would be foolish to think that God wasn't once a man like us living the same cycle with God's before him, etc, etc. We certainly don't think he's the only one left out there. He is simply our only God.

Ahh yes, thank you :)

So while Joe was getting drunk he saw Jesus in the bottom of his beer mug, thus was inspired to write the book of mormon on a napkin?

So while Joe was getting drunk he saw Jesus in the bottom of his beer mug, thus was inspired to write the book of mormon on a napkin?

No. Well, sort of. He sketched the cover on the napkin, along with some Pink Floyd lyrics and Leonardo from the Ninja Turtles. The actual content of the book came later.