Ask a Mormon anything.

Do you believe in Apostolic Succession?

And do you recognize any ecumenical councils? (Most non catholic churches recognize the first 7)

I don't know what either of those 2 things are. I could look them up, but we all know how lazy I am, do you care to explain?

I say leave children out of religion until they are old enough to grasp its metaphors and nuances and draw their own conclusions. Kids shouldn't be forced to go through arbitrary motions that they can't understand anyway simply because it affirms their parents' individual faith or grants them peace of mind.

I dunno, I kind of liked the feeling of safety and happiness that believing in God gave me when I was little. I kind of miss that feeling now, but it never felt forced. It was just nice. When I started to question God (I was 7) my parents let me.

Anyone who has been through our temples wears special underwear.

When do you get the special underwear? I've been in a Mormon temple but nobody gave me any garments. I want some. Does it have to be white? Sounds a little boring.

Heck no, would you want to live in Missouri?

We believe that the Garden of Eden was actually in Missouri (strange, I know), and that when Christ comes again, that's were he'll be. I have no idea how much land we actually own there, but I know it's a lot and they keep buying more.

Does this information on the Garden of Eden come from the writings from the dishes?

This is actually fairly acurate. We share it out of love, I'm insanely happy, I know that if I live right, I can be with my family forever and become a Goddess and create worlds and have spirit children and continue the cycle, we like to share this with everyone so they too can have that possibility.

If one or all of your children choose not to be Mormon then they won't get to the same level of heaven that you get to, correct? Wouldn't that make you less happy? Would your level of heaven be less good because of that?

I went to Italy to study art and one of the people in my group was Mormon. She was highly offended and freaked out by all the crucifixes all over the place in Italy. I'm not sure what she expected from a heavily Catholic country. Why doesn't she like crucifixes?

Also, there's a Mormon temple here in the DC area and there's a pretty big statue of that guy holding the plates on top of it. The temple looks kinda like the castle at Disneyland. In fact truck drivers call it Disneyland. Anyway, I kinda want to steal that giant statue. If I do, will I go to hell?

Last edited:
Does everyone eventually end up at the highest level of heaven? I can't imagine that people would get there, and then not want to move up...

I dunno, I kind of liked the feeling of safety and happiness that believing in God gave me when I was little. I kind of miss that feeling now, but it never felt forced. It was just nice. When I started to question God (I was 7) my parents let me.

When do you get the special underwear? I've been in a Mormon temple but nobody gave me any garments. I want some. Does it have to be white? Sounds a little boring.

When you went, it was probably before it was dedicated, in that case anyone can go in. After it's dedicated you have to be interviewed by your bishop and given a special recommend to enter, that's when you get the special underwear and yes, it's always white.

Does this information on the Garden of Eden come from the writings from the dishes?

No, it comes from modern Revelation

If one or all of your children choose not to be Mormon then they won't get to the same level of heaven that you get to, correct? Wouldn't that make you less happy? Would your level of heaven be less good because of that?

Yes it would make me less happy, and I'm not sure how all the specifics work out on that.

I went to Italy to study art and one of the people in my group was Mormon. She was highly offended and freaked out by all the crucifixes all over the place in Italy. I'm not sure what she expected from a heavily Catholic country. Why doesn't she like crucifixes?

We don't believe in focusing on the crucifixes but on the resurrection of Christ, but I don't understand why someone would be offended by them, we all know that they are very prominent in the Catholic church.

Also, there's a Mormon temple here in the DC area and there's a pretty big statue of that guy holding the plates on top of it. The temple looks kinda like the castle at Disneyland. In fact truck drivers call it Disneyland. Anyway, I kinda want to steal that giant statue. If I do, will I go to hell?

That would be a statue of Mormon, and yes, it's a straight ticket to hell if you steal it. ;)

Does everyone eventually end up at the highest level of heaven? I can't imagine that people would get there, and then not want to move up...

You can't just work until you move up, there's a deadline (no, I don't know when that deadline is, but this Earth isn't going to last forever, it has an end). Also, it's not easy. If you repent on Earth, Christ suffers for your sins and you are wiped clean, if you repent after you die, you have to do the suffering for them. There are also some things you can't repent of, murder is one of them.

That would be a statue of Mormon, and yes, it's a straight ticket to hell if you steal it. ;)

You can't just work until you move up, there's a deadline (no, I don't know when that deadline is, but this Earth isn't going to last forever, it has an end). Also, it's not easy. If you repent on Earth, Christ suffers for your sins and you are wiped clean, if you repent after you die, you have to do the suffering for them. There are also some things you can't repent of, murder is one of them.

So if I repent after stealing the statue then it's okay?

When you went, it was probably before it was dedicated, in that case anyone can go in. After it's dedicated you have to be interviewed by your bishop and given a special recommend to enter, that's when you get the special underwear and yes, it's always white.

It was the one in Salt Lake City. I think it was dedicated long before I was 14.

Do you have to always wear the special underwear or can you change it up with pretty stuff when you are feeling randy?

So if I repent after stealing the statue then it's okay?

It was the one in Salt Lake City. I think it was dedicated long before I was 14.

Do you have to always wear the special underwear or can you change it up with pretty stuff when you are feeling randy?

Hmmm, not sure what happened there then.

We pretty much wear it all the time. I'll switch it up for sex, but then put it back on after we are done.

I don't know what either of those 2 things are. I could look them up, but we all know how lazy I am, do you care to explain?
‘I say to you, that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my Church, and the gates of sheol will not overcome it.’

Bishops ordained by laying of hands going back to the original 12. It would be a big deal if you claimed it. Was just wondering how in depth the thread was :p

Most christian churches recognize a certain number of councils, since you have the complete bible it would make sense to recognize a few but idk.

‘I say to you, that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my Church, and the gates of sheol will not overcome it.’

Bishops ordained by laying of hands going back to the original 12. It would be a big deal if you claimed it. Was just wondering how in depth the thread was :p

Most christian churches recognize a certain number of councils, since you have the complete bible it would make sense to recognize a few but idk.

All of the current priesthood holders can trace their line back to Joseph Smith. Joseph Smith received the Aaronic priesthood from John the Baptist and the Melcezedick priesthood from Peter James and John (yes, the apostles that were with Christ and the ones that led his church after he died), so I suppose in a round about way, yes.

Hmmmmm

Do you feel Independant of Mainstream Christianity, sorta like Judaism is to Catholicism, or fairly close to it? Cause Islam technically recognizes Christ +1 prohpet as well.

Last edited:
I was actually born Mormom, my dads family for some reason are Mormon. Don't mean to bash kiwi if you are actually a serious mormon but the guy (John smith or whatever) actually thought the moon was flat on one side and the moon people lived on the side we can't see. They edited that out the mormon bible because it sounded 'too mad'.

Nowadays my whole family is aethiest and I'm a Buddhist, the only religious nut in the family.

Our records have been stored on computers for quite some time now. I don't know if there are still paper ones or not. There is a main office in Salt Lake that keeps track of it all, and from there it filters all across the world following the person to their specific ward and leaders.

/illuminati

I was actually born Mormom, my dads family for some reason are Mormon. Don't mean to bash kiwi if you are actually a serious mormon but the guy (John smith or whatever) actually thought the moon was flat on one side and the moon people lived on the side we can't see. They edited that out the mormon bible because it sounded 'too mad'.

Nowadays my whole family is aethiest and I'm a Buddhist, the only religious nut in the family.

This is simply untrue. They didn't "edit" anything out of the Book of Mormon. Everything that was in the first published version is in the one we have now.

Who put together the first version?

After Joseph Smith was done translating is it was published by "E. B. Grandin 1830 "First edition" in Palmyra. Based on Printer's Manuscript copied from Original Manuscript."

Since then, the publishers have changed, and the color of the cover has changed, but that's it. The words on the inside have been exactly the same.