Ask a Mormon anything.

:lol:

was the mormon religion really founded like the south park episode portrayed it?

why utah?

I've never seen that episode.

Because they were being persecuted in the US, so they started walking west. When they got to Utah (outside of the United States at that time) the Prophet said, this is where we are supposed to be, and they stopped walking.

Do you miss all of the tasty alcohol you're not allowed to drink?

Have to have it to miss it. :iono:

so... you're a canadian mormon from like... central america or some shit?

No, we come from the North pole.

the mormons originally took root in missouri. are you pissed at us for chasing you out?

why is their a giant mormon church thing a few miles from my house where jesus is supposed to descend to earth?

the mormons originally took root in missouri. are you pissed at us for chasing you out?

why is their a giant mormon church thing a few miles from my house where jesus is supposed to descend to earth?

Heck no, would you want to live in Missouri?

We believe that the Garden of Eden was actually in Missouri (strange, I know), and that when Christ comes again, that's were he'll be. I have no idea how much land we actually own there, but I know it's a lot and they keep buying more.

which mormon church do you subscribe too? there's 2 isnt there?

You are probably thinking about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (the one we belong too) and the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ, I think. The second one left after Joseph Smith died and they announced Brigham Young as the new prophet, they felt it should be someone else, so they started their own group.

Didn't John Smith write The Book of Mormon on napkins in a biker bar?

Also do you watch Big Love?

Are you a polygamist?

No.

I watched the first season, but then the second one had too much sex and I got bored.

No.

Do the men have special underwear?

How badly were the No on Prop 8 protesters acting to you and your church after the ruling?

How many Mormons say they are Mormons but do not practice?

What are your thoughts on tax exclusion of the church?

So Mormons just have a lottery to proclaim their next prophet?

Oddly enough my best friend is a Mormon, oh how badly I want to tease her.

Do the men have special underwear?

How badly were the No on Prop 8 protesters acting to you and your church after the ruling?

How many Mormons say they are Mormons but do not practice?

What are your thoughts on tax exclusion of the church?

Anyone who has been through our temples wears special underwear.

I don't know, no one approached me about it.

I have no idea, 25-30 percent maybe? Maybe more? You'll also get people that are baptized, but don't practice, so they don't claim being Mormon anymore (like my sister).

I say great, while we build buildings for worship and such, the Church also gives A LOT of money, items, goods away to charities and those in need, other charities and non profit organizations don't pay taxes. The leaders in our church don't get paid (not even the Prophet), it's all on a volunteer basis, so you don't have tax exempt money going to people's salaries.