Ask a Mormon anything.

Wow, thanks for showing that to me. I shall now denounce everything I believe as you've proven it wrong with a wikipedia link. :p

I'm being serious. How could the Book of Mormon contain Latin words if it was transcribed DIRECTLY from angelic plates? Wouldn't it be free of translational errors? That's a biggie. A very, very amateurish screw up.

And why is it that we still haven't found a shred of archeological evidence to back up any of the great civilizations Smith talked about, while having found ample evidence of the ones everyone already knew about? Another amateurish mistake. He had to have realized that eventually people outside of backwater Pennsylvania or Missouri would go looking for this shit.

Maybe I'll go around the country and put up historical markers next to random locations too.

hill%20cumorah.jpg

I'm being serious. How could the Book of Mormon contain Latin words if it was transcribed DIRECTLY from angelic plates? Wouldn't it be free of translational errors? That's a biggie. A very, very amateurish screw up.

And why is it that we still haven't found a shred of archeological evidence to back up any of the great civilizations Smith talked about, while having found ample evidence of the ones everyone already knew about? Another amateurish mistake. He had to have realized that eventually people outside of backwater Pennsylvania or Missouri would go looking for this shit.

Maybe I'll go around the country and put up historical markers next to random locations too.

hill%20cumorah.jpg

That's where faith comes into play.

Hey faith is all well and good but Mormonism is almost as far out there as Islam is. I mean come on Jesus discovered America before Columbus?

Hey faith is all well and good but Mormonism is almost as far out there as Islam is. I mean come on Jesus discovered America before Columbus?

Columbus didn't discover america, there were already people here. Also, vikings.

You can't prove religion. You'd have to prove the higher power part first, which will never happen. The best you can hope for is to prove elements of that religion - historical events, places, figures, the establishment of a corroborating timeline, etc.

I went to a Mormon church once in order to have sex with a hot mormon chick who demanded it. Do I qualify? The ward people still call me every 6 months or so to see if I'm coming back. I don't know how they got my number, but I'm glad I made such an impression.