[Article] Article: Coqui's guide to looking fat.

For maintenance, I'd say 1g for every two pounds of bodyweight you have. So in your case, 87g of protein. To increase, I'd say 1g for every pound. To get major muscle mass, I'd say 1,5g for every pound.

Keep in mind your average 6oz chicken breast is over 50g of protein

Just had Ape pick me up some chx breast to make for lunch for the week. :heart:

Yea, couldn't imagine a treadmill ALL of the time, but I would like to add fast walking soon and not have to worry about weather conditions.. I have been going crazements on yard stuff this week & added lunges and squats just today. My legs are effing horrible for endurance as compared to my upper body. It's like two different people in one body. :fly:

I just read that 30 mins of good walking a day is uber beneficial for the body & helps you get great sleep.

I've been doing it for the past month & it works great. Just powerwalk away for 15mins & turn around & powerwalk back. It sounds weird, but since i've started this, I feel really really awake when I'm up.

Dr. Michael Roizen answered:
We know we talk a lot about how important it is to get enough sleep and how vital it is to stay active. Here's a reason why: You can't have one without the other.

This news didn't rock our world. We've long known that exercise helps you sleep better. But that fact has been highlighted in neon pink, thanks to very specific data from a recent study.

If you get more than 20 minutes (go for 30 minutes) of exercise a day, you won't just sleep better. You'll sleep much better, getting 65% more restorative REM sleep. You'll also have energy to burn and you’ll be more alert, which means you’ll be less likely to zone out during meetings and more likely to know what your spouse said to you two minutes ago. Bonus: If you're prone to leg cramps at night, you can likely kiss those goodbye. Pretty slick for just 20 minutes of walking! Go for 30 minutes. (Did we say that already?)

thats because laxatives. Not treadmill.

She would like the book I suggested. It one of his body tests, he eats something like 6,000 calories over his resting metabolic rate and loses weight, due in part because of a few 60 second exercises peppered strategically throughout the day. I know there could be a lot of factors involved, but this guy is serious so I doubt the data is wrong.

I haven't wrapped my head around this stuff well enough yet to properly explain it. Read the book. Amazing.

She would like the book I suggested. It one of his body tests, he eats something like 6,000 calories over his resting metabolic rate and loses weight, due in part because of a few 60 second exercises peppered strategically throughout the day. I know there could be a lot of factors involved, but this guy is serious so I doubt the data is wrong.

I haven't wrapped my head around this stuff well enough yet to properly explain it. Read the book. Amazing.
I have the book on watch on Ebay.

BUT, I'm reading a lot about glucose being on the no-no list and how bad that is for your brain in it's general function. Like you, I haven't wrapped my head around it all enough, and just now going on reviews.

I have the book on watch on Ebay.

BUT, I'm reading a lot about glucose being on the no-no list and how bad that is for your brain in it's general function. Like you, I haven't wrapped my head around it all enough, and just now going on reviews.

Glucose is the energy that your cells burn. Your body converts food into it. This ties directly into my comment above about the author eating crazy calories. Apparently, the specifically timed exercises 'open' the muscles to take in more glucose or some shit. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to have to read this book at least twice.

edit: And btw, the dude is kinda hot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd-7a_wdVZk

Last edited: