Ontopic Anyone think that Best Korea's saber rattling might be more dangerous than previous?

fo shizzle mah nizzle

I know one super environmental hipster, the kind that adheres to "if it's yellow let mellow if it's brown flush it down". he was very morally conflicted because he was offered a ridiculous position working on the keystone pipeline before all that stuff happened.

The correct question would be about purchasing power rather than income.

that, i cant particularly argue against, but thats been declining for 50 years now, so unless the decline accelerated, im not sure.

the example that always comes to my head is the price of a new car in 1970 (budget-ey car, volkwagon bug) was 999 bucks. At that time, people (namely, my parents) were making about 8 grand a year. i cant think of any car the average person can buy for 1/8th of your income these days.

Do you not grocery shop?

Food prices have been skyrocketing over the past 2 years.

I dont buy stupid shit like chips and soda and cookies, so i wouldnt know about that, but meat has remained the same price, as have most fruits and vegetables when on sale and in season. Milk products seem to have gone up though, but thats more a function of the retarded MD dairy farmers union which is trying to price themselves out of business with 5 dollar a gallon milk.

Laid off due to the economy right after Obama won the election. Picked up a new job within 2 hours of getting laid off at a 45% pay cut.
3 months later, increased that salary by 10% (31% less than what I was making initially)
3 years later, increased that salary by 17% (17% less than what I was making initially)
3 months ago, increased that salary by 30% (16% more than what I was initially making)

Please note the percentages my be incorrect based off of my mind still being sleep deprived.

Laid off due to the economy right after Obama won the election. Picked up a new job within 2 hours of getting laid off at a 45% pay cut.
3 months later, increased that salary by 10% (31% less than what I was making initially)
3 years later, increased that salary by 17% (17% less than what I was making initially)
3 months ago, increased that salary by 30% (16% more than what I was initially making)

Please note the percentages my be incorrect based off of my mind still being sleep deprived.

fair enough. Was just confused as your employment at half-naked-chick-land seemed to be a term thing. The pay difference surely is substantial though

fair enough. Was just confused as your employment at half-naked-chick-land seemed to be a term thing. The pay difference surely is substantial though

I was at half naked chick land for just under 4 years getting more experience and certifications. Basically the 3 month later increase up until the 3 months ago increase.

I dont buy stupid shit like chips and soda and cookies, so i wouldnt know about that, but meat has remained the same price, as have most fruits and vegetables when on sale and in season. Milk products seem to have gone up though, but thats more a function of the retarded MD dairy farmers union which is trying to price themselves out of business with 5 dollar a gallon milk.

index_table.jpg

Go ahead, tell me that again.