Ontopic Anyone think that Best Korea's saber rattling might be more dangerous than previous?

that, i cant particularly argue against, but thats been declining for 50 years now, so unless the decline accelerated, im not sure.

the example that always comes to my head is the price of a new car in 1970 (budget-ey car, volkwagon bug) was 999 bucks. At that time, people (namely, my parents) were making about 8 grand a year. i cant think of any car the average person can buy for 1/8th of your income these days.

And college/uni was even cheaper than that. Even in the early 80's people were able to work minimum wage and pay for school with no bills left after graduation. Our generations have been fucked over hardcore.

index_table.jpg

Go ahead, tell me that again.

This is someone who forgets to eat for days at a time. I've been saying the dude is on serious brain meds for years. Who forgets to eat for days at a time?

This is someone who forgets to eat for days at a time. I've been saying the dude is on serious brain meds for years. Who forgets to eat for days at a time?

I havent done that in quite some time thank you very much.

I dont buy stupid shit like chips and soda and cookies, so i wouldnt know about that, but meat has remained the same price, as have most fruits and vegetables when on sale and in season. Milk products seem to have gone up though, but thats more a function of the retarded MD dairy farmers union which is trying to price themselves out of business with 5 dollar a gallon milk.
How the fuck are you saying that about the meat? Cause you're wrong as hell.

Where the fuck do you shop? Literally everywhere I've seen has gone up.

normal places. safeway/giant/weis/wegmans/etc. Doesnt mean you can walk in any day of the week and get something at that price, but sales are not infrequent on boneless/skinless chicken breast, or pork tenderloin. Beef is on sale much less often, but every once in a while i can get top round or sirloin for 1.99. Stock up when its one sale, put it it in the freezer, etc

Seriously. The only meat I've seen for $2 recently is whole pork loin and pork shoulder. Even the cheapest cuts of beef are nearly $4 on sale.

pork loin and boneless/skinless chicken breast are the most common for that price. You're right for the most part on beef, but it does go on sale occasionally, id say i have 10-15 pounds of varying cuts of decent beef in the freezer (aka, not chuck, not shoulder, etc) from when it was on sale.

The graphic I posted clearly shows how food prices have dramatically increased across the board since 2000. Even more telling is looking at the index increases since 2009. Any argument otherwise is incorrect.

normal places. safeway/giant/weis/wegmans/etc. Doesnt mean you can walk in any day of the week and get something at that price, but sales are not infrequent on boneless/skinless chicken breast, or pork tenderloin. Beef is on sale much less often, but every once in a while i can get top round or sirloin for 1.99. Stock up when its one sale, put it it in the freezer, etc
Don't be a fucking idiot
No shit you can get it on sale, more often than not Ladybutt brings home a receipt that shows that she saved more than she spent. That does not mean that the regular price hasn't gone up.