Thread All new 2019 Super Duper Sperm thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
a) Sold a pair of Oakley sunglasses i bought when i was 16 for $220 (an absolutely stupid purchase on a teenage budget) for 950 dollars. Collectors are weirdos.

b) Bought a tv almost as good as an OLED with a small portion of those funds

Man, that is a big upgrade from a 50 inch 8 year old 1080P. The brightness and HDR is insane, you actually have to shield your eyes a bit from 10 feet away, which is what i wanted. There was a scen in something where a spotlight swept across the screen, lit up the room like a real spotlight, and then went out and the room dropped to pitch black. It was awesome.

a) Sold a pair of Oakley sunglasses i bought when i was 16 for $220 (an absolutely stupid purchase on a teenage budget) for 950 dollars. Collectors are weirdos.

Man, that is a big upgrade from a 50 inch 8 year old 1080P. The brightness and HDR is insane, you actually have to shield your eyes a bit from 10 feet away, which is what i wanted. There was a scen in something where a spotlight swept across the screen, lit up the room like a real spotlight, and then went out and the room dropped to pitch black. It was awesome.
Nice!

When the first terminator movie came out, a buddy was ate up with the wrap-around sunglasses arnold puts on after his eye gets shot out , I think they were called gargoyles.
Anyway, we went to the mall and he bought a pair and they were 70 dollars which was like "holy shit!" money for sunglasses back in the mid 80s
Think he lost them less than a few months after he got them, but I bet theyd be worth something now

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and fly
When the first terminator movie came out, a buddy was ate up with the wrap-around sunglasses arnold puts on after his eye gets shot out , I think they were called gargoyles.
Anyway, we went to the mall and he bought a pair and they were 70 dollars which was like "holy shit!" money for sunglasses back in the mid 80s
Think he lost them less than a few months after he got them, but I bet theyd be worth something now
i bought mine cause i saw them in mission impossible 2 back in 1997. Just by absolute dumb luck i put them in a box with all their original paperwork/box/spares/etc that matters to collectors and left them there for 20 years.

Was cleaning out a closet. A storage tub I thought was something else turned out to be a buttload of Hi8 and 3/4 videotapes from high school.

I had a weekly variety tv show my senior year on the public access station.

And OH BOY was it a hoot.
Flashing back to the days when you used to sponge off your parents' cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.