Ontopic A Thread About Butt Mustard, For Those Who Drive Automobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had an '84 hatchback. Pop-up headlights. I loved that car.

& you're right about a ton of room with the seats down.

"Almost" passed for a little truck. Think it was a ittle too narrow to slide a sheet of plywood in at the widest point, but hauled lumber and pipe and all kinda shit with that thing.
Could lay a washing machine or clothes dryer down in the back and let the door rest on it. Made it about level with the roof.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
1 step forward, 2 steps back. I hit 85% duty cycle on both the injectors and the boost controller at 50% ethanol content, so I won't be going any above that.

My tuner is also at a new dyno, so my baseline on the 91 tune was 420HP, and the ethanol tune added 15HP to it (435HP all in). He also turned the boost by gear on, so that 1st gear isn't fucking useless (basically it's on spring pressure in 1st) if I get on it. It holds together at 18PSI of boost, and it feels so good. It's got 4 degrees more of timing at the top end, too.

Need to get a real bulkhead connector for the fuel pump, so that's in the mail, and I'm also going to bodge together a serial port sniffer on my arduino this weekend to see if I can make a little screen that'll display useful telemetry on a wee screen (probably buttons to scroll between manifold pressure, fuel pressure, water temperature, fuel ethanol content, along with another button to switch between imperial and metric measurements).

And the mower is fucked. I think it's the starter. Just makes a knock sound when I turn the key.

fuck my life.
its not. Thats totally what they do when the batt is too low to turn the starter. Give it a good charge, confirm with the multiemeter its 12.7 or better, try again.

Little starters like that do not behave normally in the presence of less than optimal voltage.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
strike all that bs i just said. I just read your further posts.

1) check your ground connection on the other end
2) jump the starter manually from the battery to bypass wiring issues.

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138
yeah, just try to turn it over. Dont stare down the hole unless you lke gasoline eyes.

It also could be hard to turn because of anything down the chain (pulleys attached the deck, drive shaft slack used up, etc). I highly doubt you've locked your motor up. Bad starter is a possibility from what you've said, but itll be easy to chase down and swap if needed.

Isnt this shit under warranty? you bought it pretty new.

Status
Not open for further replies.