Ontopic A Thread About Butt Mustard, For Those Who Drive Automobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
bought it from someplace that doesnt suck like a dealer or tractor supply or something?

still a pain in the ass to cart the damn thing to em, but at least you get to use your ginormous truck!

bought it from someplace that doesnt suck like a dealer or tractor supply or something?

still a pain in the ass to cart the damn thing to em, but at least you get to use your ginormous truck!

Bought it from Home Depot. So it should be kosher.

They should be able to come here. Our naighbors have a cub that the guy came to service.

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon
So, just a thought.

Every time the key gets turned to try to start the engine, a solenoid on the carb puts gas into the carb to start it?
No, probably not. There are systems out there that use the key on position to activate a solenoid that would kill the engine without it being on, but to inject gas? Nah, I doubt it.

Record a vid, toss it on youtube, let us listen

A car magazine article in a car magazine who's sole purpose is to sell advertising to the makers of the very cars they are "reviewing" ain't exactly the best thing to go by. If I was going to be a dick I would say fanzine instead of magazine.

Nevertheless, there's "some" useful info there. "Some".

Not much practical though.

Gee post about hard seats, racecar feel and take on daily use is more informative.

@OzSTEEZ have you driven either of these? Or just shopping specs and reviews?

A short test drive with a salesman in the passengers seat distracting you counts for very little. A short test drive by yourself, a little better. Being able to rent one of each and spend a weekend and 300-400km in each to wear the new off and start noticing the little things is best.

It seems they souped up the Focus into a warp drive go-cart. Doesn't mean it's the better car, but if it's what you like then there it is. Remember you could spend years in this thing.

New cars are like new bras, you really have to at least try them on, and better yet, spend a day or two in them to see if they really fit.
I'm planning on doing some test drives soon.probably during the Christmas break.

The Focus ST is a hot hatch based on the Focus, just like the GTI is a hot hatch based on the Golf. So, if your "based on a floppy dildo" idea has any merit at all, it's meritorious for both.

They're competitors in the same market, and basically match feature for feature, which is what C&D pointed out.

I've got no use for either of them, personally, so I have no opinion on which is better. I understand that Holden vs. Ford is something of a perennial Australian pissing match, so I'd probably avoid the Focus based on the notion of "I don't want my shit destroyed by some jackass with a grudge".
Hahaha yeah nah mate, people don't vandalise Fords or Holdens here. Also, that rivelry is dead now that the Holden Commodore is now a European 4 cylinder, and Ford stopped making the Falcon. So you can't get an Aussie 4 door V8 sedan anymore. And with fuel at around $5.70 per gallon, not many people have interest in big thirsty V8s anymore.

I have no need for a big car anymore. I just want something fun to drive, that can also seat 4 people.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
I wish infotainment in cars would give way to just being able to mirror your phone's screen.

I don't want a screen in the car that has its own software stack for the manufacturer to fail to update after release, I just want it to RDP into my goddamned telephone.
I bought a Sony double dim touchscreen head unit for my 4runner when I lived in the states. It had a feature to do exactly this. Though it only worked with certain phones at the time.

I saw an anime character in human form driving up Dale Mabry Hwy yesterday. The front of this teeeny car had flip up headlights with big cheerio looking blinkers like eyes above the headlights. A tiny blonde girl was driving, and FAST, I felt like I was tripping 😂

I have to send (terrible) photos to the pix thread, as they are large. It was a little Mazda.

Status
Not open for further replies.