Ontopic A Thread About Butt Mustard, For Those Who Drive Automobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yesterday, I finally got around to swapping the clutch hydraulics on the Datsun. It was getting sketchy trying to pump it up enough to get it into 1st gear from a stop.

Nobody locally stocked the hose though, so I went and found a 10x1.0mm female to -4AN male fitting, and a 10x1.0mm male to -4AN male fitting, and now run a -4AN braided steel NOS hose down there instead of the stock rubber one.

For shit like that, it's probably cheaper/better/easier to fabricate your own thing than to buy an actual part.

Selling the wagon. I've had it up for a day on the local VW group but it needs a bit too much bodywork for the teenage crowd, got one offer from a guy who wants it for parts. Just posted it on kijiji, here come the scam e-mails...

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
My grandfather had a red TR 3 in the 1950s or 60s. The story is that my grandmother made him sell it when she put her heel through the floorboard and could see the road going by through the hole.

My Mom and Dad had a 61 TR3 when they were newlyweds. Black with a white top. Dad wore a button down bill cap and smoked a pipe back then. The car was so low and the doors cut down he could just reach over and bang his pipe out on the road.

They also had a vw beetle at some point and when they were first dating he had a brand new 63 impala SS.

Then later they had me, bought a farm, and it was all downhill from there. Next new vehicle they got was a Chevy conversion van in the 2000's, after me and my little brother were both well into our 30's and they had sold the farm and moved to town.

That van has been in 49 states. Couldn't drive it to Hawaii obviously so they took a boat there. Yes, they drove the AlCan to Alaska with it.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
My Mom and Dad had a 61 TR3 when they were newlyweds. Black with a white top. Dad wore a button down bill cap and smoked a pipe back then. The car was so low and the doors cut down he could just reach over and bang his pipe out on the road.

They also had a vw beetle at some point and when they were first dating he had a brand new 63 impala SS.

Then later they had me, bought a farm, and it was all downhill from there. Next new vehicle they got was a Chevy conversion van in the 2000's, after me and my little brother were both well into our 30's and they had sold the farm and moved to town.

That van has been in 49 states. Couldn't drive it to Hawaii obviously so they took a boat there. Yes, they drove the AlCan to Alaska with it.
That's so cool. I have a picture of my grandfather in the Triumph, top down, waving and smiling. :)

Your father must be so glad that his son likes cars too.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
That's so cool. I have a picture of my grandfather in the Triumph, top down, waving and smiling. :)

Your father must be so glad that his son likes cars too.

I'm the wrench turner of the family. My brother has nice enough stuff he can spend his time riding in it instead of laying under it. I think he might be on to something.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
hit some road debris yesterday, truck tire that exploded and left about 30 pieces all across the highway, couldnt dodge all of em, hit a chunk of tire :/

Tore the heat shield off my exhaust, left it dragging. Cant see any other immediate damage, but i gotta crawl under the car and rivet it back on

hit some road debris yesterday, truck tire that exploded and left about 30 pieces all across the highway, couldnt dodge all of em, hit a chunk of tire :/

Tore the heat shield off my exhaust, left it dragging. Cant see any other immediate damage, but i gotta crawl under the car and rivet it back on
So you're saying re-entry is a problematic issue for you right now

I'm sure your heat shields are held on by 10mm bolts, just like every other Honda.

I'm sure your heat shields are held on by 10mm bolts, just like every other Honda.

this is the toyota corolla, my accord is gone.

Although im sure it is standardized bolts too. Might just need to back the bolts out, put a washer where they tore through the metal, and put it back. Thatd be nice.

It was pouring rain this morning, so i was only able to take a quick glance underneath to make sure it was driveable.

Damnit nova scotia.

As of May 1st, MVI regulations require a welded repair on floor pans of vehicles, prior to this welding was only needed for structural repair. My fiberglass job on the GTI won't pass inspection.

Time to haul the interior out and fix it proper.

It's 3-4 layers of fiberglass sheet covered in rocker guard and asphalt undercoating.

Annoying part is it replaces where the drain plugs used to be, so technically I've replaced rubber (and the small-ish bit of metal that I cut away) with fiberglass.

Status
Not open for further replies.