Ontopic A Thread About Butt Mustard, For Those Who Drive Automobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fiddling with the GTO again.

Bent up a simple bracket for the fuel pump.
IMG_20180609_170213.jpg

Then mounted the fuel pump and the new filter

IMG_20180609_172245.jpg

The boy's going to fabricate the cages to route the hoses up the passenger side frame rail tomorrow.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
I drove this car today on windy roads.
It's my cousin's
bf25c71d5bde95a26dfed7432dac00cc.jpg
cc4e66c71a06a29335c4d6c2b21d539d.jpg
ae28e3a749eeff1b90e31dd46982f617.jpg

Why did anyone think that would work?
The skid they crushed was in sideways too.
Maybe they planned on flipping the truck to get it out.

Fiddling with the GTO again.

Bent up a simple bracket for the fuel pump.
View attachment 3659

Then mounted the fuel pump and the new filter

View attachment 3660

The boy's going to fabricate the cages to route the hoses up the passenger side frame rail tomorrow.

I know you make stuff sturdy and good so it's probably just the pic angle but that thing looks like it's sort of precariously hanging under the tank.

Ranger owners gonna ranger.
Mazders gonna Mazder.

I put a clutch in a buddies b2600 and one of the mounting brackets had a giant Ford logo stamped in it. By the same token another guys ranger had mucho metric stuff on it. Lots of japanese parts too.

Good stuff to know at the junkyard. Seemingly unrelated shit is actually the same.

I bought a Ranger that had over 200,000 miles on an un-rebuilt 4 cal and put another 100,000 on it, then sold it to a guy who still drives it. Easy to drive too, because I was at the height of my alcoholism when I owned it and never hit anything.

One of the good ones I guess.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
I bought a Ranger that had over 200,000 miles on an un-rebuilt 4 cal and put another 100,000 on it, then sold it to a guy who still drives it. Easy to drive too, because I was at the height of my alcoholism when I owned it and never hit anything.

One of the good ones I guess.

You had one too? I always wondered why they stopped making cars that drove themselves home at the end of the night.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
I miss my '65 Ford Fairlane station wagon. It didn't have much compression left, burning about a quart of oil every 100-200 miles. Starter couldn't spin fast enough to start it but it was a 3 speed stick. I was

the

King of the Hill

start.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
My current ride is a 1995 Nissan Quest, but it’s clearly a Ford product. Same color as the Ranger too, with matching knobs and gauges. Ford also made the Mazda B2000 truck thing.

• Gravy
I drove this car today on windy roads.
It's my cousin's
bf25c71d5bde95a26dfed7432dac00cc.jpg
cc4e66c71a06a29335c4d6c2b21d539d.jpg
ae28e3a749eeff1b90e31dd46982f617.jpg

Cool!

& MAJOR kudos on stick shift.

I college I dated a girl who drove a Chevy Chevette stick. The first time I rode in it was when she was taking me to meet her parents at their home about 40 miles away. Ducking in and out of traffic, people honking at her driving - they were all good passes. Her mumbling under her breath at the slow drivers. So I asked her where she learned to drive. "My Dad - And I'm a good driver!" I said 'I can't wait to meet him. You're a great driver. You drive like you're from Chicago. I feel safe. There's not a lot of us here.[at college]" :lol:

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
Figured out why you're supposed to wear close toed shoes when you weld just now.

:haaay:

Made some brackets for the -6 lines to go up the car. The boy's going to weld the rest, I just wanted to give him a pattern to work with.

IMG_20180611_120700.jpg

• Gravy
Cool!

& MAJOR kudos on stick shift.

I college I dated a girl who drove a Chevy Chevette stick. The first time I rode in it was when she was taking me to meet her parents at their home about 40 miles away. Ducking in and out of traffic, people honking at her driving - they were all good passes. Her mumbling under her breath at the slow drivers. So I asked her where she learned to drive. "My Dad - And I'm a good driver!" I said 'I can't wait to meet him. You're a great driver. You drive like you're from Chicago. I feel safe. There's not a lot of us here.[at college]"
I like to drive standards. This was the 4 speed of that model, I guess it came in5 speed as well. It was fun taking the corners, it's a really loud and fun car, and the top was down.

Status
Not open for further replies.