Ontopic A Thread About Butt Mustard, For Those Who Drive Automobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found out why the kid's #1 cylinder was at 0 PSI of compression.

0PSI.jpg

Hopefully those deposits of aluminum on the cylinder walls will come out with a hone.

Detonation is bad!

#MonkeyFeet
#Safety3rd

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
Pete also drove muh GTO on the Cinco de Mayo boating expedition.

That is the best era for GTOs. The best taillights too. I had one for a month when I was a teenager and it disappeared from my driveway before I could even drive it. Found out 3 years later it was a “friend” who just wanted the weed in the console. The bad part was he ghost rode it down a hill and totaled it.

I saw a wreck like that with a couple high school buddy's on the freeway on the ice. Like a full 15 passenger van or something slid into an oncoming 18-wheeler. An ambulance and one sherrif was there by then but they couldn't handle all the bodies fast enough. Saw a head in the ditch by where we parked, eyes wide open but vacant (obviously). Had to kind of avoid stepping on it when we got out of the car. They had managed to cover a couple other bodies with sheets but when you looked at the shape of the sheets, they followed a body up to about the shoulders then just draped down to the pavement. No head to hold up the rest of the sheet.

I saw a guy sheared off at the shoulders like that once. Humans really are made of meatstuffs.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Found out why the kid's #1 cylinder was at 0 PSI of compression.

View attachment 3494

Hopefully those deposits of aluminum on the cylinder walls will come out with a hone.

Detonation is bad!

#MonkeyFeet
#Safety3rd
Sometimes the valves kiss the piston, other times they sucker punch it in the teeth.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

Sometimes the valves kiss the piston, other times they sucker punch it in the teeth.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk
No, those valve relief cuts are stock. The big fuckin' hole right below them is from detonation, and I assume that it's a fairly significant event, as it bypasses all 3 rings.

:barf:

ing1y2D.jpg

• Gravy
About to add a new car to the driveway. 2017 Audi Q5, 2.0T. Picking it up Tuesdsay or Wednesday.

First automatic I've ever owned. I feel kind of dirty.

At -40 in Canada, shift it into gear, go inside, have coffee. By the time you get back out maybe the oil will have loosened enough to actually shift it into gear.

And now starts the fun of selling the A4.

"I'll give you 400 bucks for it, it's in rough shape" "yeah, I'll get back to you I guess, I'll see what other offers I get"
"interested in any trades? got a mint dodge 1500" "the ad said no trades"
"Want an ATV for a trade?" "uh, maybe. Does it have paperwork?" "nope, no papers, VIN is ground off"

"I'll give you 400 bucks for it, it's in rough shape" "yeah, I'll get back to you I guess, I'll see what other offers I get"
"Want an ATV for a trade?" "uh, maybe. Does it have paperwork?" "nope, no papers, VIN is ground off"

Send it to Austin. You could sell it to a green bearded yuppie couple for $6500 and be back in time for work Monday morning.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
How about I sell it to you for $1000 CAD, you drive it from Halifax to Austin and re-sell it.

You might want to fix the AC along the way.

What's that like fifty cents or ten million dollars American or something?

I can make it blow cold long enough to sell it.

Something like $800 USD?
Well that's good news. I didn't even look up Canadian, just assumed it was strong, like how it takes more than a dollar to make a British pound. Canadia still worships the crown, figured it would be something similar.

My brother used to sell cars past their prime while in college. He said you can sell any car by ending the ad with "First $1000 (insert whatever amount) takes it."

• Gravy
Also $6500 is if you wait for just the right level of stupid grass munching yuppie couple that lives in an "ecologically neutral" house made entirely of "socially responsible" materials. Meaning synthetics and plastics that are made almost entirely from that evil petroleum they love to hate. Somebody with actual brain, the price will start with a 4. It won't go less than a 4 though because "status" and "trendiness".

Nobody gives a fuck about what it does in the cold and snow here, we dont have any of either. They'll pay extra for that European brand though. Wouldn't want to be seen amongst the well to do with a common Ford.

Status
Not open for further replies.