Ontopic A Thread About Butt Mustard, For Those Who Drive Automobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some idiot told my friend that was what was leaking. Actually looked at the car running and the fucking outlet on the injection pump was a bad connection. No problem.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
I just bought a lightly used 5HP compressor from a friend for $200. He had it as a backup unit for his body shop, and he's consolidating and moving, so it was time to get rid of it.

Now I've got to build a shed to keep it in on the outside of the garage. I'll make sure it runs every morning at 5 to annoy the hoarders that live next to me.

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon and HipHugHer
This could be the new 2018 Shelby twin turbo 750HP GT 500

2018-Shelby-Mustang-GT500-01-800x445.jpg

2018-Shelby-Mustang-GT500-03-640x463.jpg

2018-Shelby-Mustang-GT500-02-640x360.jpg

I just bought a lightly used 5HP compressor from a friend for $200. He had it as a backup unit for his body shop, and he's consolidating and moving, so it was time to get rid of it.

Now I've got to build a shed to keep it in on the outside of the garage. I'll make sure it runs every morning at 5 to annoy the hoarders that live next to me.
Good deal. 60 gal? What brand?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Argh, drives me nuts when people in our neighborhood have more than two cars in the driveway.

#oldlady
I only have one car in the driveway.

I have a garage, that I use as a garage.

My neighbors, on the other hand, have two cars in the driveway, one in the lawn, and usually one with a flat tire and body damage on the street. Only one of those moves with any regularity.

So in 10 years time, if you've still got that car, will you look at that ipod dock and still call it the dildo?

Or will you have replaced it with another one that takes the iPhone 11 or whatever... and if you do, will you call its replacement the "new dildo"?

So in 10 years time, if you've still got that car, will you look at that ipod dock and still call it the dildo?

Or will you have replaced it with another one that takes the iPhone 11 or whatever... and if you do, will you call its replacement the "new dildo"?
It will always be the dash dildo in my red rocket.

I just got hung up on by a "car warranty" spam caller when I asked if they'd cover my '71 Datsun.

"Yes, thanks for calling me. I was looking at extending the warranty on my 488 GTB! What kind of options do you have available?"

proceed to get the spammer sprung on the potential, only to then say "what is this, I am 12" when it comes time to deliver payment info.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
Car Nerds, need your help. Don't be wrong this time. Thanks.

So I was getting this weird THUNK noise from the passenger side front tire area when I would back out of our driveway (on a slight incline) and then put it in drive. I went on Just Answer and they diagnosed it as the front axle being bad. I think you folks here might have even agreed. Anyway, I got an axle off Amazon, which some of you chastised me for. I had the axle replaced and the sound seemed to go away, only to come back a few months later. I remember when someone was like, "LOL ENJOY REPLACING IT AGAIN" and thought, "Fuck these internet assholes were right."

So I had my Your Mechanic guy come back out and check it out. He wasn't sure what it was but agreed that it might be the axle. He replaced the axle, only this time, the sound NEVER went away. I pretty much replaced another axle for no reason because you guys had that shit in my head. Fuckers. Anyway...

I was just rotating my tires and looked and saw this. I think the important part of the sound I'm describing is that it ONLY happens when I'm backing out on an incline - never any other time.

znS9SoW.jpg

wrfwUAS.jpg

Those areas around whatever the fuck that is (looks like some bearing that might be broken) seem clean in a very dirty area of the car, like they've been moving. What is that?

My working theory is that when I park on an incline, the vehicle rocks back on those broken bearing looking things. Then when I put it in drive, they rock back. Could that be the real cause of the sound I'm hearing?

Car Nerds, need your help. Don't be wrong this time. Thanks.

So I was getting this weird THUNK noise from the passenger side front tire area when I would back out of our driveway (on a slight incline) and then put it in drive. I went on Just Answer and they diagnosed it as the front axle being bad. I think you folks here might have even agreed. Anyway, I got an axle off Amazon, which some of you chastised me for. I had the axle replaced and the sound seemed to go away, only to come back a few months later. I remember when someone was like, "LOL ENJOY REPLACING IT AGAIN" and thought, "Fuck these internet assholes were right."

So I had my Your Mechanic guy come back out and check it out. He wasn't sure what it was but agreed that it might be the axle. He replaced the axle, only this time, the sound NEVER went away. I pretty much replaced another axle for no reason because you guys had that shit in my head. Fuckers. Anyway...

I was just rotating my tires and looked and saw this. I think the important part of the sound I'm describing is that it ONLY happens when I'm backing out on an incline - never any other time.

znS9SoW.jpg

wrfwUAS.jpg

Those areas around whatever the fuck that is (looks like some bearing that might be broken) seem clean in a very dirty area of the car, like they've been moving. What is that?

My working theory is that when I park on an incline, the vehicle rocks back on those broken bearing looking things. Then when I put it in drive, they rock back. Could that be the real cause of the sound I'm hearing?
Could be, I suppose.

Those would be your upper control arm bushings. Probably cheaper to buy a whole new control arm than pay someone to burn the bushings out and replace all the hardware in the old one.

isnt this what you pay the yourmechanic guy for? Like, if he replaces the axle and it doesnt solve your problem, he should find what it is?

Status
Not open for further replies.