Ontopic A Thread About Butt Mustard, For Those Who Drive Automobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did until somebody stole it. Still didn't use it on a spring compressor though

I don't math enough to know the exact forces in play there, but I know enough to know it's a bad idea.
Neither did I.

My comment was more about the assumed state of the tool. Like, "is this safe enough, given what I know about the people who have used it before me".

Rental crap is crap.
I've rented exactly four moving trucks from Uhaul. Two broke down. The first broke down right on Newbury Street in Back Bay Boston. I walked to the rental Depot in Roxbury and told em "your clutch cable gave out. Since you don't pick up the phone, your truck is likely in Boston Impound. Gimme my replacement. Have a nice day!!!".

OMFG, the Z is soooo nice on the freeway now.

I just got the struts as a temporary "get me through" measure ($50 a corner, as opposed to $500 a corner for OEM units) until my coilovers come back from being rebuilt, but holy shit, I might keep them on there for the Z convention now.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
OMFG, the Z is soooo nice on the freeway now.

I just got the struts as a temporary "get me through" measure ($50 a corner, as opposed to $500 a corner for OEM units) until my coilovers come back from being rebuilt, but holy shit, I might keep them on there for the Z convention now.
Softer?

I'm having the same problem right now.

But only 75k miles.
You're a Miata guy, right?

I can't imagine struts going that soon on something so light. On my 4000 pound land-barge 300ZX, sure.

Was digressive valving and such around back in ye day?
Not a clue. Stock, my Z came with an adjustable valve setup, where there were two settings for the valve holes - big ("touring") and small ("sport"), adjusted with a switch in the center console, which drove linear actuators out on the strut heads, that turned keyed shafts inside the strut shaft and moved the valves to different areas on the shims.

You're a Miata guy, right?

I can't imagine struts going that soon on something so light. On my 4000 pound land-barge 300ZX, sure.

Not a clue. Stock, my Z came with an adjustable valve setup, where there were two settings for the valve holes - big ("touring") and small ("sport"), adjusted with a switch in the center console, which drove linear actuators out on the strut heads, that turned keyed shafts inside the strut shaft and moved the valves to different areas on the shims.
The seals are older than me.

Status
Not open for further replies.