Ontopic A Thread About Butt Mustard, For Those Who Drive Automobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's fair. Just wanted to know what it was.
Other peculiar thunks I've experienced have been broken rubber mounts for things. The only ones that are applicable to a FWD transaxle are motor mounts (since they really mount the entire drivetrain), subframe mounts, and strut bearings.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
Car Nerds, need your help. Don't be wrong this time. Thanks.

So I was getting this weird THUNK noise from the passenger side front tire area when I would back out of our driveway (on a slight incline) and then put it in drive. I went on Just Answer and they diagnosed it as the front axle being bad. I think you folks here might have even agreed. Anyway, I got an axle off Amazon, which some of you chastised me for. I had the axle replaced and the sound seemed to go away, only to come back a few months later. I remember when someone was like, "LOL ENJOY REPLACING IT AGAIN" and thought, "Fuck these internet assholes were right."

So I had my Your Mechanic guy come back out and check it out. He wasn't sure what it was but agreed that it might be the axle. He replaced the axle, only this time, the sound NEVER went away. I pretty much replaced another axle for no reason because you guys had that shit in my head. Fuckers. Anyway...

I was just rotating my tires and looked and saw this. I think the important part of the sound I'm describing is that it ONLY happens when I'm backing out on an incline - never any other time.

znS9SoW.jpg

wrfwUAS.jpg

Those areas around whatever the fuck that is (looks like some bearing that might be broken) seem clean in a very dirty area of the car, like they've been moving. What is that?

My working theory is that when I park on an incline, the vehicle rocks back on those broken bearing looking things. Then when I put it in drive, they rock back. Could that be the real cause of the sound I'm hearing?
I am 100% sure that I said it sounds like a bushing or bearing issue. I may have agreed on the Amazon axle and the warranty, but I never agreed that it could have been the axle.

I feel the need to withhold the jalapenos I was saving, now.

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon
I am 100% sure that I said it sounds like a bushing or bearing issue. I may have agreed on the Amazon axle and the warranty, but I never agreed that it could have been the axle.

I have no idea who said what. I didn't say *everyone*. :p

I said his high grade chinesium axle was gonna break.

It appears the high grade chinesium engine isn't potent enough to do the deed.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
Wanna fite?

:knyte:
Nah, but I'll rassle you.

Fun story about rasslin, a friend's sister is getting married soon. Her groom's bachelor's party was this weekend.

The party was fun. The boys had a good time. Us girls went to Julie's bachelorette party in town while the boys had the bachelor party at the shop. We got back when it was in full swing but we pretty much stayed inside so they could have their fun. Billy was more than wiped out. He and Shawn decided to drunk wrestle and because of it, Billy fractured his foot in three places. He also pulled a muscle in his chest. He stayed at the house Saturday night and decided he needed to go to the hospital on Sunday for his foot. While on the way, an older gentleman ran a red light and Julie t-boned him. They are fine but her car is damaged. He may need surgery on his foot and will be in a wheelchair for the wedding. They've had to cancel their honeymoon since he cannot walk and will need the money that would've been spent on the honeymoon to pay bills while he is out of work. No, I am not kidding. Julie is furious. She has asked that none of the groomsmen have more than two shots before the wedding ceremony and that no one feed Billy any alcohol at all at the wedding since he is now on pain meds and it will make him sick.

The party in the shop? They had a stripper pole and supposedly a stripper. I asked for pics cause I had to know what stripper would head out to quite literally the middle of nowhere, go a mile down a dirt road, then dance inside a shop on a pole someone built from hand.

a floridaman's woman wouldnt even hesitate. I bet she had two names, and one of them was Lynn.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
The party in the shop? They had a stripper pole and supposedly a stripper. I asked for pics cause I had to know what stripper would head out to quite literally the middle of nowhere, go a mile down a dirt road, then dance inside a shop on a pole someone built from hand.
Who's hand was it built from?

Car Nerds, need your help. Don't be wrong this time. Thanks.

So I was getting this weird THUNK noise from the passenger side front tire area when I would back out of our driveway (on a slight incline) and then put it in drive. I went on Just Answer and they diagnosed it as the front axle being bad. I think you folks here might have even agreed. Anyway, I got an axle off Amazon, which some of you chastised me for. I had the axle replaced and the sound seemed to go away, only to come back a few months later. I remember when someone was like, "LOL ENJOY REPLACING IT AGAIN" and thought, "Fuck these internet assholes were right."

So I had my Your Mechanic guy come back out and check it out. He wasn't sure what it was but agreed that it might be the axle. He replaced the axle, only this time, the sound NEVER went away. I pretty much replaced another axle for no reason because you guys had that shit in my head. Fuckers. Anyway...

I was just rotating my tires and looked and saw this. I think the important part of the sound I'm describing is that it ONLY happens when I'm backing out on an incline - never any other time.

znS9SoW.jpg

wrfwUAS.jpg

Those areas around whatever the fuck that is (looks like some bearing that might be broken) seem clean in a very dirty area of the car, like they've been moving. What is that?

My working theory is that when I park on an incline, the vehicle rocks back on those broken bearing looking things. Then when I put it in drive, they rock back. Could that be the real cause of the sound I'm hearing?
Take it to a shop. They'll put it up on a hoist and start tugging on things, if something's loose they'll find it.

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon and Jehannum
I s'pose the less you pay the stripper, the greater the odds of it happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.