Ontopic 2020 Eat Your Veggies - GARDEN THREAD

got all the direct sow stuff in. turnips, beets, cukes, varying herbs.

Cant get eggplant to germinate for the life of me. Not even with the heat mat. Thinking my seeds might not be good
That sucks, they're usually up fast. I had some weirdness where peppers, tomatoes and everything did great - peppers and tomatoes both have some blossoms. Meanwhile, everything in the cabbage family, using same dirt, acted like I had poisoned them and curled up into shit about 2-3 days after germinating.

I think I may have fucked up with the battery I bought to power the greenhouse shit.

Picked up a Duracell 27DCX Marine/RV battery. My measly solar panels may not be able to keep up with it, 60 watts max of solar.

I incorrectly assumed it was fully charged from the store, so now it's charging on my automatic charger, which is taking a while, was 44% yesterday at around 11 am, it's up to 80% charging on the 12 amp setting.

Hopefully just needed to be fully charged before I put it in.

Never dropped below 12v so I haven't murdered it.

I think I may have fucked up with the battery I bought to power the greenhouse shit.

Picked up a Duracell 27DCX Marine/RV battery. My measly solar panels may not be able to keep up with it, 60 watts max of solar.

I incorrectly assumed it was fully charged from the store, so now it's charging on my automatic charger, which is taking a while, was 44% yesterday at around 11 am, it's up to 80% charging on the 12 amp setting.

Hopefully just needed to be fully charged before I put it in.

Never dropped below 12v so I haven't murdered it.

trickle charge is around 1 amp. Your 60w solar can charge at 4a/14v. Whats your draw? It cant be more than 3a/12v or you'll discharge

trickle charge is around 1 amp. Your 60w solar can charge at 4a/14v. Whats your draw? It cant be more than 3a/12v or you'll discharge

It’s a NodeMcu board so it’s not that much of a draw.

Dumb thing is that it goes into an old ass inverter then to a fucking usb ac adapter.

Waiting on parts to run straight 12v into the greenhouse direct off the battery.

Inverter could be fucked too. Waiting on fuses to arrive to fix the other inverter I have.

If the battery hasn’t fully charged by the weekend I’ll go and exchange it.

Wish I had a picture of this.
I grow mushrooms and when the "bags" are spent and out of energy,they get retired. But I thought "hell, I'll throw these in the shade behind the barn and see if they produce one more time. THey did - I grabbed a few lbs. of nice mushroom earlier in the day.
The cute part:
I wandered out an hour later, by the mushroom bags, and heard desperate chirping - a female Cardinal had crawled under the plastic I had over the spent mushrooms and got herself trapped.
I gently grabbed her, then cut the plastic away.
Carried her to the front door so my wife could marvel at the poor birdies lovely red beak.
Then I set her free. She immediately flew to a pine tree and gave us a good bitching out. It was a good day with nature.

Wish I had a picture of this.
I grow mushrooms and when the "bags" are spent and out of energy,they get retired. But I thought "hell, I'll throw these in the shade behind the barn and see if they produce one more time. THey did - I grabbed a few lbs. of nice mushroom earlier in the day.
The cute part:
I wandered out an hour later, by the mushroom bags, and heard desperate chirping - a female Cardinal had crawled under the plastic I had over the spent mushrooms and got herself trapped.
I gently grabbed her, then cut the plastic away.
Carried her to the front door so my wife could marvel at the poor birdies lovely red beak.
Then I set her free. She immediately flew to a pine tree and gave us a good bitching out. It was a good day with nature.

You should've shot her and hung her on the fence as a warning to others you fucking bunny murderer.

You should've shot her and hung her on the fence as a warning to others you fucking bunny murderer.
You're comparing apples to oranges friend. I didn't LIKE shooting the bunny. As usual, I walked over to them and spoke some kind words to them as the light faded. Seriously. Usually it goes, "sorry bud, I know, you were just having a good time, living large. But I can't have you fucking with my stuff. So here we are. " I don't "like" killing them, there are just too many, they encroach on what I am doing. It's not a proud time to be a big human - fuck, I had a high-powered pellet gun, it was just a bunny. Maybe someday we will live in peace.

I'm not a sadist. You have this classified all wrong. Ok, I did display the woodchucks slightly garishly. But they deserved ut, they've destroyed the floor of my pole barn with their burrowing. I'm trying to be a better man about it now.

• Haha
Reactions: HipHugHer
I'm not a sadist. You have this classified all wrong. Ok, I did display the woodchucks slightly garishly. But they deserved ut, they've destroyed the floor of my pole barn with their burrowing. I'm trying to be a better man about it now.
says something about ya that you revel in it. I understand sometimes animals gotta go, and ive done it, but i dont feel good about it.

says something about ya that you revel in it. I understand sometimes animals gotta go, and ive done it, but i dont feel good about it.
Did you mean "don't revel"? Because I don't. Not at all. I don't go hunting, not my thing. I generally only eliminate varmit level investations.
I respect the loss of their life. Please, tell me you are sad when you eat a burger. or just shut the fuck up. *Obviously, if you mis-typed, then I was un-neccesarily rude and blunt and no fucks were given. Either you killed an animal or you didn't. Don't pedestal or pulpit it.