FYI 14 dead, 50 wounded

http://i.imgur.com/tVU47.jpg

The whole thing smells fishy. Not saying for sure it was something like that but it's just odd.

The Fort Hood shooter showed a lot of stuff similar to this guy. Mental field background and odd behavior during the shootings. There is even audio on line that someone got with a high grade scanner on an off police band that has some oddities mentioned as it happened. Commands that were given that didn't match with the main police channel buzz. But it's typical for reporters etc to monitor police main channel bands. I can't remember where I left that link.

There is so much on that there that is complete BS. There hasn't been a single "real" story about someone letting him in or him being on the phone. The FBI was present during the bomb piece but they would be called in no matter what in something like this. It wasn't even them that dismantled the bomb it was the Arapahoe County PD using Adams County PDs robot. And the entire audio from a scanner? Come on. So we are expected to believe that someone just happened to be up at 1230 in the morning monitoring an off police channel? Since this entire thing was done and he was arrested before anyone really even knew what was going on. Hell the cops that arrested him just happened to be there for a separate crowd control issue and happened on him once they got the call. Being that it's local to me all any of my local channels have on right now is non stop coverage and interviews with everyone who was there and not a single one has mentioned someone letting him in or him being on the phone. Plus given such a tight area as the theater, the smoke, the darkness, loud sound, shooting, and all the screaming and commotion there is no way anyone was watching him enough to say that he was double tapping or reloading quickly. In that scenario having the tactical advantage it wouldn't have been that hard for anyone to rack up that amount of hits. And for the "He must be military" there has been zero reports of an air force officer being there and if by chance there was he would have no more knowledge of weapons and reloading than a normal person. People think that military folks are out shooting and training non-stop. Outside of SOF and some parts of the Marines most services only shoot once or twice a year (depending on your job it might only be once every 2-3 years) and it's not that many rounds. You qualify during basic and then re-qualify based on your services requirements. I would even be willing to say that close to 75% (if not higher) of service members who served in Iraq and Afghanistan never discharged their weapon. Hell most probably never chambered a round. The only reason I did and had shooting exp was because I worked in SOF. If I didn't then I would have had zero exposure outside of the 120 rounds I had to shoot each year to qualify.

Not if you wanted them to be caught and everyone think he did it himself so you can pass laws banning guns. Like the one that just happens to be up for vote in the few days in the UN.

Cool. You should totally ban then. It'll make these kind of things happen less. Or at least make it so you can't buy any kind of stupid gun you really don't need to be killing a deer with.

Cool. You should totally ban then. It'll make these kind of things happen less. Or at least make it so you can't buy any kind of stupid gun you really don't need to be killing a deer with.

Well I wouldn't say that the UK is immune either. I can recall horrible shootings over there as well. Don't try to play like it's just some problem with America and guns.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10216955

Last edited:
Well I wouldn't say that the UK is immune either. I can recall horrible shootings over there as well. Don't try to play like it's just some problem with America and guns.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10216955

Yeah, but it reduces the rate, just like it would there. You guys (and us) are far too stupid and violent to be trusted at large with killing machines. The Swiss are more than capable of restraining themselves, Americans seemingly are not. They should restrict or ban them for your own safety.

Yeah, I'm sure if people had guns on them they could suit accurately through tear gas, smoke, in the dark with hundreds of people panicking and running round. Definitely.

And I'm only outnumbered because you're mainly yanks. Maybe try looking at a non-yank forum sometime and see what other views on gun control are.

You have no idea. You guys recently had a guy killing multiple people with a firearm. Easy access to guns means shit all.

So tell me just for this year where we've had multiple gun related killing sprees every month of the year.

Aurora, CO
July 20, 2012
Twelve people were killed and 58 were injured in Aurora, Colorado during a sold-out midnight
premier of the new Batman movie "The Dark Knight Rises" when 24-year-old James Holmes
unloaded four weapons' full of ammunition into the unsuspecting crowd. He detonated multiple
smoke bombs, and then began firing at viewers in the sold-out auditorium, Ten members of
"The Dark Knight Rises" audience were killed in theater, while two others died later at area
hospitals. Numerous patrons were in critical condition at six local hospitals, the Aurora police
said. (Colorado Movie Theater Shooting: 70 Victims The Largest Mass Shooting, ABC, July 20,
2012)
Tuscaloosa, AL

July 17, 2012
A gunman stood outside of a crowded downtown bar and opened fire from two different
positions early Tuesday, sending patrons running or crawling for cover. At least 17 people
were hurt. Nathan Van Wilkins, 44, surrendered about 10 hours after the shooting near the
University of Alabama campus, police said. Authorities believe one of the bar patrons was a
target of the rampage and that it was connected to an earlier shooting at a home. (Alabama
shooting suspect surrenders, SFGate, July 17 2012)

Dover, DE
July 9, 2012
At a weekend soccer tournament in Delaware three people died and two were wounded. The
dead included the tournament organizer, a 16-year-old boy participating in the tournament and
one of three suspects alleged to have initiated the deadly violence Sunday afternoon at a park
near downtown Wilmington. (3 dead after gunfire at Del. soccer tournament, AP, July 9 2012)

Chicago, IL
July 6, 2012
Three people were shot, a 19-year-old man was shot in the calf, a 34-year-old man was shot in
the back and a 24-year-old man was shot in the thigh. The oldest was taken to Advocate Christ
Medical Center in critical condition and the other two were taken to Roseland Hospital, Alfaro
said. Someone approached the three on a bicycle and opened fire. (3 dead, 7 wounded in
shootings across city, Chicago Tribune, July 9 2012)

That's a select few from July from here http://www.bradycampaign.org/xshare/pdf/major-shootings.pdf

Although obviously Chikken thinks all those must be made up because the site authors are 'liars'. Would be pretty easy to verify the stories though.

Not if you wanted them to be caught and everyone think he did it himself so you can pass laws banning guns. Like the one that just happens to be up for vote in the few days in the UN.

No one is going to introduce gun legislation before the election, and by November this will be entirely forgotten.

June:

Auburn, AL
06/09/2012
A 22 year old man opened fire at University Heights apartments off West Longleaf Drive. The
shooting left three men dead, including two former Auburn University football players, and three
others wounded. (Manhunt on for suspect in Auburn mass shooting, Dothan Eagle, June 10
2012)

May:

Seattle, WA
05/30/2012
40-year-old Ian Stawicki entered a Seattle cafe on Wednesday and opened fire, killing four
people. He then left Cafe Racer, killing another person during a carjacking before taking his own
life. (Seattle Mass Shooting Latest by a Concealed Handgun Permit Holder, Huffingtonpost,
June 1 2012)

March:

North Miami, FL
03/30/2012
Fourteen people have been shot and two are dead outside a funeral home in South Florida.
One of the victims, a 43-year-old man, died at the scene while the other, a 27-year-old man,
died at the hospital. A 5-year-old girl was shot in the leg and hospitalized at Jackson Memorial
Hospital along with eleven other victims. (“Grandma, I’ve Been Shot” Said Girl Hurt In Gang
Related Mass Shooting, CBS Miami, March 31 2012)

April/or Feb (can't figure out with your backwards dates)

Oakland, CA
04/02/2012
Seven people were killed and three others wounded in a shooting rampage Monday at an Asian
religious vocational school in east Oakland; police later detained the suspected gunman. (7
Dead, 3 Wounded In Shooting At Oakland Religious School; Gunman In Custody, CBS San
Francisco, April 2 2012)

Any need to go on? You should be restricting these nutjobs and assholes from owning killing machines. It's really not that hard to understand.

Aurora, CO
July 20, 2012
Twelve people were killed and 58 were injured in Aurora, Colorado during a sold-out midnight
premier of the new Batman movie "The Dark Knight Rises" when 24-year-old James Holmes
unloaded four weapons' full of ammunition into the unsuspecting crowd. He detonated multiple
smoke bombs, and then began firing at viewers in the sold-out auditorium, Ten members of
"The Dark Knight Rises" audience were killed in theater, while two others died later at area
hospitals. Numerous patrons were in critical condition at six local hospitals, the Aurora police
said. (Colorado Movie Theater Shooting: 70 Victims The Largest Mass Shooting, ABC, July 20,
2012)
Tuscaloosa, AL

July 17, 2012
A gunman stood outside of a crowded downtown bar and opened fire from two different
positions early Tuesday, sending patrons running or crawling for cover. At least 17 people
were hurt. Nathan Van Wilkins, 44, surrendered about 10 hours after the shooting near the
University of Alabama campus, police said. Authorities believe one of the bar patrons was a
target of the rampage and that it was connected to an earlier shooting at a home. (Alabama
shooting suspect surrenders, SFGate, July 17 2012)

Dover, DE
July 9, 2012
At a weekend soccer tournament in Delaware three people died and two were wounded. The
dead included the tournament organizer, a 16-year-old boy participating in the tournament and
one of three suspects alleged to have initiated the deadly violence Sunday afternoon at a park
near downtown Wilmington. (3 dead after gunfire at Del. soccer tournament, AP, July 9 2012)

Chicago, IL
July 6, 2012
Three people were shot, a 19-year-old man was shot in the calf, a 34-year-old man was shot in
the back and a 24-year-old man was shot in the thigh. The oldest was taken to Advocate Christ
Medical Center in critical condition and the other two were taken to Roseland Hospital, Alfaro
said. Someone approached the three on a bicycle and opened fire. (3 dead, 7 wounded in
shootings across city, Chicago Tribune, July 9 2012)

That's a select few from July from here http://www.bradycampaign.org/xshare/pdf/major-shootings.pdf

Although obviously Chikken thinks all those must be made up because the site authors are 'liars'. Would be pretty easy to verify the stories though.

I'm sure if you broke it out by percentage with in the population it's not what you think it is. That's like saying well you have 100 people living in your house and 10 of them got sick last month. I only have 10 people living in my house and only 1 got sick so therefore your house must be worse because you had 10. I'm sure if you pulled the number for China it would be through the rough compared to others in total numbers not percentage. I understand where you're coming from and I respect your Utipian ideals of wanting the US, AUS, UK, etc to ban all guns and stop all military actions etc. What you're not realizing is that while good in theory 99% of the world doesn't see it that way and if we step down others will just step up. Humans are animals and want power and control. You will never change that.

I'm sure if you broke it out by percentage with in the population it's not what you think it is. That's like saying well you have 100 people living in your house and 10 of them got sick last month. I only have 10 people living in my house and only 1 got sick so therefore your house must be worse because you had 10. I'm sure if you pulled the number for China it would be through the rough compared to others in total numbers not percentage. I understand where you're coming from and I respect your Utipian ideals of wanting the US, AUS, UK, etc to ban all guns and stop all military actions etc. What you're not realizing is that while good in theory 99% of the world doesn't see it that way and if we step down others will just step up. Humans are animals and want power and control. You will never change that.

I don't really give two shits about wars and famine and all that crap. World peace will never happen. I do think it's extraordinarily dumb for certain states to just hand out guns like candy though, and then feign shock when lots of highly strung, highly pressured, mental people start shooting innocent people all the time. How about not giving them the gun in the first place? I guarantee if the UK had lax gun laws like in some states we'd have probably double the amount of murders you do, we just don't have the impulse control or culture where guns would go down well. I think the same applies for the US, and looking at how bad your gun murder/killing spree rates are compared to other civilised countries where guns are available I think it's hard to argue.

Also what your asking won't fix a thing. You can attempt to control or ban guns but unless you outright collect every weapon out there and destroy them it's only skimming off the top.

Also what your asking won't fix a thing. You can attempt to control or ban guns but unless you outright collect every weapon out there and destroy them it's only skimming off the top.

We don't have an all out ban in the UK. We just have rigorous beauracracy to go through to get one, and I believe you also need a valid reason for one, not 'just cos'. If you hunt fair enough. It's not a valid reason to me because I have no understanding of why anyone would want to hunt, but I think its a legitimate reason from a gun control point of view. When it's a 'right' to own a killing machine regardless of what purpose you want it for, your level of knowledge or what kind of person you are there's serious problems that nobody addresses.

We don't have an all out ban in the UK. We just have rigorous beauracracy to go through to get one, and I believe you also need a valid reason for one, not 'just cos'. If you hunt fair enough. It's not a valid reason to me because I have no understanding of why anyone would want to hunt, but I think its a legitimate reason from a gun control point of view. When it's a 'right' to own a killing machine regardless of what purpose you want it for, your level of knowledge or what kind of person you are there's serious problems that nobody addresses.

Yes I forgot every shooting in the US occurred with a licensed firearm obtained through legal channels.

Yes I forgot every shooting in the US occurred with a licensed firearm obtained through legal channels.

I'm sure a lot do. Killing sprees in the projects don't tend to be much publicised, because nobody cares about poor people shooting poor people. How many of the guns did the guy who shot in the cinema legally own? Or were they all stolen/brought from criminals? Even here some of the killings we see are from legit guns despite the gun controls we try and uphold.