FYI 14 dead, 50 wounded

You idiot, DEER is not the reason we're guaranteed the right to bear arms. These so called "Assault weapons" make up %0.5 of all violent crime in the US. Let that number soak in for a min. I use my for hogs, coyotes and for shooting competition matches.
Yes, I think I remember the reason now you mention it, ancient history of being paranoid about the government and wanting to stock up so you can rally together and quash their tyranny. As if that would work in modern day America, but lets not let modern thinking get in the way of a right to own an excessive arsenal of weaponry for no particular reason. I was pointing out one actual valid reason for people to own guns, not some paranoid fantasy about resisting the army and the government.

You idiot, DEER is not the reason we're guaranteed the right to bear arms. These so called "Assault weapons" make up %0.5 of all violent crime in the US. Let that number soak in for a min. I use my for hogs, coyotes and for shooting competition matches.

You know standing on rights given a couple of hundred years ago in a totally different world is a bit like standing on the Old Testament. It isn't the Wild West still and you really don't need weapons to defend yourself from the government. America so reminds me of Iraq and Afghanistan sometimes, only the religion is different, the rest is almost medieval.

You know standing on rights given a couple of hundred years ago in a totally different world is a bit like standing on the Old Testament. It isn't the Wild West still and you really don't need weapons to defend yourself from the government. America so reminds me of Iraq and Afghanistan sometimes, only the religion is different, the rest is almost medieval.

Beat ya to it. Qapla!

The "wild west" is a fantasy land that anti gun groups latch on to.

Also I don't need the government to give me the right of self defense. That's a natural born right IMO.

Feel free to exaggerate and also, frankly, really piss me off with what is an insult to my parenthood. I do hope, when and if you have children, they grow up to be half as interesting, intelligent, well-educated and charismatic as mine. The fact that Carys stands up to some of the retarded right wing bullshit some of you come out with fills me with pride that she thinks for herself*. Maybe your kids will call you sir and salute the flag without really having their own opinions. I encouraged all my children to be free thinkers, whether I always agreed with their opinions or not.

*Other children are available and give me as much pride, obviously.

I do have children and I do allow them to think on their own but allowing someone access to something above their age isn't about allowing them to think for themselves it's about still doing your job as a parent and controlling what they do and protect them. Not allowing free reign to do whatever they want. I'm not saying you're a bad parent I'm just saying I don't agree with all of it. If it works for you and works for her then so be it. If you and her are happy with her lifestyle choices then it's no skin off my back.

The "wild west" is a fantasy land that anti gun groups latch on to.

Also I don't need the government to give me the right of self defense. That's a natural born right IMO.

:lol: Self defense against the government is the reason you were given guns, not for shooting your neighbours. You're the one who wanted to go down that avenue. Now it's biting you on the ass.