FYI 14 dead, 50 wounded

I'm sure a lot do. Killing sprees in the projects don't tend to be much publicised, because nobody cares about poor people shooting poor people. How many of the guns did the guy who shot in the cinema legally own? Or were they all stolen/brought from criminals? Even here some of the killings we see are from legit guns despite the gun controls we try and uphold.

All of his weapons, armor, and ammo were purchased legally. They knew within a day or two the exact stores they were purchased from, which I thought was pretty amazing. Not on a good way. It means that the database for gun ownership is far more exact and comprehensive than I thought it was.

All of his weapons, armor, and ammo were purchased legally. They knew within a day or two the exact stores they were purchased from, which I thought was pretty amazing. Not on a good way. It means that the database for gun ownership is far more exact and comprehensive than I thought it was.

He had all the receipts, documentation, etc in his apartment. It made it very easy on top of the digital items taken from his PC.

It also means you're far too lax in who can buy guns and what sort. What kind of legally sane person needs what was it...a pump action shotgun, some kind of assault rifle, a pistol, tear gas, body armour and 6000 bullets?

Yeah...sounds legit. :rolleyes:

It also means you're far too lax in who can buy guns and what sort. What kind of legally sane person needs what was it...a pump action shotgun, some kind of assault rifle, a pistol, tear gas, body armour and 6000 bullets?

That's actually fairly tame all things considered. Limeys Just want America unarmed so they can try their war of 1812 shenanigans all over again.

It's not like he went into one store and bought them all at one time. If someone shows zero red flags during a check there is no reason to not give them it. If they asked for more and had larger checks you and others would be crying Big Brother and invasion of privacy. People can't have it both ways.

As much as Western countries try they cannot make everywhere the same. You can't have the same set of rules, beliefs, values, etc everywhere. Countries and people are what they are because of history and what they were brought up on. Most people share a simliar foundation to what their parents had (assuming they were part of their lives.) Hell you can't even have the same parts of States and cities all on the same page. Thinking you can level the playing field on any topic (guns, cars, environment, diet, healthcare, abortion, anything) to a single item is crazy. Just because it works one place doesn't mean it will in others. Look at where Africa is now. An entire continent in non-stop turmoil because that's what they know. Mexico is the same way. I'm not saying you can't make changes over time but thinking it will solve everything is dumb. I mean hell if we really wanted to get into it we can pick apart how your beliefs and values are a reflection of your obvious unstructured upbringing.

I mean hell if we really wanted to get into it we can pick apart how your beliefs and values are a reflection of your obvious unstructured upbringing.

Care to elaborate on that? I have a daughter who went through private school and is currently holding down a responsible job whilst taking a degree and paying her bills. I'll be interested in your conclusions about her 'unstructured upbringing'.

Interestingly, accoring to the website on the 'who will you vote for' thread, Carys and my beliefs and values look fairly similar, and my upbringing was as different as is possible from hers. Maybe it's just that pretty much the whole of Europe is aghast at America's attitude towards gun ownership. I don't need a gun. I've so far never needed one, and the reason is because no-one I encounter ( including criminals) is likely to be carrying one either. That's the difference. When gun ownership is common, then criminal gun carrying will be common. When the general public are unlikely to have guns, then the percentage of criminals carrying one will diminish. It does remind me somewhat of the unilateral/bilateral disarmement debate.

Last edited:
Care to elaborate on that? I have a daughter who went through private school and is currently holding down a responsible job whilst taking a degree and paying her bills. I'll be interested in your conclusions about her 'unstructured upbringing'.

Interestingly, accoring to the website on the 'who will you vote for' thread, Carys and my beliefs and values look fairly similar, and my upbringing was as different as is possible from hers. Maybe it's just that pretty much the whole of Europe is aghast at America's attitude towards gun ownership. I don't need a gun. I've so far never needed one, and the reason is because no-one I encounter ( including criminals) is likely to be carrying one either. That's the difference. When gun ownership is common, then criminal gun carrying will be common. When the general public are unlikely to have guns, then the percentage of criminals carrying one will diminish. It does remind me somewhat of the unilateral/bilateral disarmement debate.

Dude she's been posting here and other places since she was like 10. You can't tell me that this place is a positive environment for someone that age. Especially in the Theac days.

Dude she's been posting here and other places since she was like 10. You can't tell me that this place is a positive environment for someone that age. Especially in the Theac days.

Feel free to exaggerate and also, frankly, really piss me off with what is an insult to my parenthood. I do hope, when and if you have children, they grow up to be half as interesting, intelligent, well-educated and charismatic as mine. The fact that Carys stands up to some of the retarded right wing bullshit some of you come out with fills me with pride that she thinks for herself*. Maybe your kids will call you sir and salute the flag without really having their own opinions. I encouraged all my children to be free thinkers, whether I always agreed with their opinions or not.

*Other children are available and give me as much pride, obviously.

I dunno about that. I've always been far more knowledgeable about many things due to both my upbringing and being on the internet for so long. It's why I did so well in certain subjects, knowing such a variety of people all round the world enriches a person quite a lot really. Plus the people on here are fairly intelligent on the whole so it fosters a good environment in general. :)

Feel free to exaggerate and also, frankly, really piss me off with what is an insult to my parenthood. I do hope, when and if you have children, they grow up to be half as interesting, intelligent, well-educated and charismatic as mine. The fact that Carys stands up to some of the retarded right wing bullshit some of you come out with fills me with pride that she thinks for herself*. Maybe your kids will call you sir and salute the flag without really having their own opinions. I encouraged all my children to be free thinkers, whether I always agreed with their opinions or not.

*Other children are available and give me as much pride, obviously.

Aw shucks. :D

Oh and just to be factual. The murder rate in the USofA is around 4.8 per 100thousand. Nowhere in Europe is it higher than a third of that. Something is wrong, and I'm pretty sure guns have a lot to do with it.

I keep reading so much stuff on his "armor" I'm pretty sure the only thing that would stop bullets was his vest. IF that, the rest was just your basic blackhawk bullshit.

Been shot w/ a vest on? Do you know what absorbs all of the energy? YOU DO. If he was hit in the vest it would hurt/daze/knock him down.

I'm not saying than an armed person could of saved anyone, but to say they had NO chance is crap. He was often very close to the people he was shooting. Everyone is acting like the person who could have had a gun would of been in the back corner shooting though a haze of smoke in the dark. Of course the main person babbling in here seems to have NO firearm knowledge and does not seem to of shot any guns before. That's a good start when debating something!

Just FYI I carry a pistol and a flashlight to most movies I go see.

There is so much on that there that is complete BS. There hasn't been a single "real" story about someone letting him in or him being on the phone. The FBI was present during the bomb piece but they would be called in no matter what in something like this. It wasn't even them that dismantled the bomb it was the Arapahoe County PD using Adams County PDs robot. And the entire audio from a scanner? Come on. So we are expected to believe that someone just happened to be up at 1230 in the morning monitoring an off police channel? Since this entire thing was done and he was arrested before anyone really even knew what was going on. Hell the cops that arrested him just happened to be there for a separate crowd control issue and happened on him once they got the call. Being that it's local to me all any of my local channels have on right now is non stop coverage and interviews with everyone who was there and not a single one has mentioned someone letting him in or him being on the phone. Plus given such a tight area as the theater, the smoke, the darkness, loud sound, shooting, and all the screaming and commotion there is no way anyone was watching him enough to say that he was double tapping or reloading quickly. In that scenario having the tactical advantage it wouldn't have been that hard for anyone to rack up that amount of hits. And for the "He must be military" there has been zero reports of an air force officer being there and if by chance there was he would have no more knowledge of weapons and reloading than a normal person. People think that military folks are out shooting and training non-stop. Outside of SOF and some parts of the Marines most services only shoot once or twice a year (depending on your job it might only be once every 2-3 years) and it's not that many rounds. You qualify during basic and then re-qualify based on your services requirements. I would even be willing to say that close to 75% (if not higher) of service members who served in Iraq and Afghanistan never discharged their weapon. Hell most probably never chambered a round. The only reason I did and had shooting exp was because I worked in SOF. If I didn't then I would have had zero exposure outside of the 120 rounds I had to shoot each year to qualify.

*internet high five* People just like to make shit up and spread it like wild fire.

Cool. You should totally ban then. It'll make these kind of things happen less. Or at least make it so you can't buy any kind of stupid gun you really don't need to be killing a deer with.

You idiot, DEER is not the reason we're guaranteed the right to bear arms. These so called "Assault weapons" make up %0.5 of all violent crime in the US. Let that number soak in for a min. I use my for hogs, coyotes and for shooting competition matches.