Thread Yard stuff

Who buys a "high end" weed whacker? When buying something like that I just want something that will do edging without killing me in the process.
We've got a Snap-On addict in the machine shop at work. Every time I borrow a tool off the guy, which involves listening to him talk about how great the brand is, I wonder if his tool collection is the only source of his pride and his life otherwise sucks.

We've got a Snap-On addict in the machine shop at work. Every time I borrow a tool off the guy, which involves listening to him talk about how great the brand is, I wonder if his tool collection is the only source of his pride and his life otherwise sucks.

Those guys are friggin weird. And goddammit that shit is expensive.

It's the Salad Masters of the tool world. I supposed I could cook a roast in a $15,000 pot, but why the f*ck should I?

Last edited:
It's the Salad Masters of the tool world. I supposed I could cook a roast in a $15,000 pot, but why the f*ck should I?

Oh God, salad master. I had an ex that bought 3 sets of that at 5 grand a piece. I dodged a fucking bullet there getting out of that one

Oh God, salad master. I had an ex that bought 3 sets of that at 5 grand a piece. I dodged a fucking bullet there getting out of that one

I mean they were nice pans, but the 150 buck tramatorino Wal-Mart set was 95 percent as good

I skimmed through the salad master site, and the first thing I noticed: everything's got fucking plastic handles. You can't even put their shit in the oven, and I imagine the handles will eventually start to loosen/wobble like they do on every other plastic handled pan.

I skimmed through the salad master site, and the first thing I noticed: everything's got fucking plastic handles. You can't even put their shit in the oven, and I imagine the handles will eventually start to loosen/wobble like they do on every other plastic handled pan.
Cast iron = 1/100th of the price and 100 times more durable.

Cast iron = 1/100th of the price and 100 times more durable.
I'm rockin' Paderno commercial stainless pots/pans. They take seconds from their consumer line, stamp "NOT FOR RETAIL SALE" on them, braze the handles so they'll never come off, and sell them to hotel kitchens and such. They're ugly as fuck but they're absolutely indestructable, if Rachael Ray cooked to support a crack habit she'd use these.

I'm rockin' Paderno commercial stainless pots/pans. They take seconds from their consumer line, stamp "NOT FOR RETAIL SALE" on them, braze the handles so they'll never come off, and sell them to hotel kitchens and such. They're ugly as fuck but they're absolutely indestructable, if Rachael Ray cooked to support a crack habit she'd use these.
How does one acquire these?

I would like to enhance my stainless cookware...

How does one acquire these?

I would like to enhance my stainless cookware...
The girlfriend was a line cook at a hotel when they ordered some in, we had them order a bit extra for us.

I went by the Paderno factory in PEI and asked them about it. Seems that it's something the public's not supposed to know about - no hope of getting some unless you've got a connection.