Thread Yard stuff

•Trimmed cleanly in a single pass. <--- ok
•Edged quickly leaving a smooth, clean edge. <---- this is a function of the line, not the trimmer
•Cut down tall grass and weeds aggressively. <---- compared to?
•Easy to handle and control. <----- ok
•Includes features that makes trimming more convenient. <--- how fucking vague, what features
•Has a clutch which stops the cutting head from spinning while the engine is idling. <----- once again, what string trimmer doesnt..
•Has two cutting strings for faster, more aggressive cutting. <---- what string trimmer doesnt....

Two valid, yet very vague points in their list of pros, with no quantitativeness behind them, and 8 worthless comments that say nothing.

Ive had some good luck with consumer reports

theyll certainly keep you away from the trash or junky stuff, but when you're comparing higher end stuff, i dont think they are of much value. So i guess it all depends on your purpose for reading. If you just dont want to get fleeced with something that wont work/ will break then sure, theyre fine.

•Edged quickly leaving a smooth, clean edge. <---- this is a function of the line, not the trimmer
•Includes features that makes trimming more convenient. <--- how fucking vague, what features
•Has a clutch which stops the cutting head from spinning while the engine is idling. <----- once again, what string trimmer doesnt..
•Has two cutting strings for faster, more aggressive cutting. <---- what string trimmer doesnt....

Two valid, yet very vague points in their list of pros, with no quantitativeness behind them, and 8 worthless comments that say nothing.

That's the 10,000 foot view in the buyers guide. There is a more in depth article with their testing procedures and such. Next time I'll post the full article, including how the spark plugs work.

That's the 10,000 foot view in the buyers guide. There is a more in depth article with their testing procedures and such. Next time I'll post the full article, including how the spark plugs work.

i would enjoy that.

I'm using a $50 chinese weed trimmer from a local bargain outfit that brings cheap shit in from china. It has none of those features. Single string, no clutch (makes it a whore to pull over), makes your hand go numb after 10 minutes because it vibrates so much, and heavy brush can stall it.

As much as I wish it would, the thing hasn't broken yet. Had it for probably 5 years now.

theyll certainly keep you away from the trash or junky stuff, but when you're comparing higher end stuff, i dont think they are of much value. So i guess it all depends on your purpose for reading. If you just dont want to get fleeced with something that wont work/ will break then sure, theyre fine.

Who buys a "high end" weed whacker? When buying something like that I just want something that will do edging without killing me in the process.