YAAAAY TAXES!!!

BeeRad said:
I owe a whole crap load and have decided to stop filing. It is not a good idea but about 3 years ago I got hit with a 1099 for the entire year of unpaid taxes. Basically for the last 3 years I havent claimed and have been 1099'ed each year. I probably owe them a good 10k, but who knows cause I just ignore it

Yea, I'm going to agree that that probably isn't a good idea.

BeeRad said:
I owe a whole crap load and have decided to stop filing. It is not a good idea but about 3 years ago I got hit with a 1099 for the entire year of unpaid taxes. Basically for the last 3 years I havent claimed and have been 1099'ed each year. I probably owe them a good 10k, but who knows cause I just ignore it
Any person who willfully attempts in any manner to evade or defeat any tax imposed by this title or the payment thereof shall, in addition to other penalties provided by law, be guilty of a felony and, upon conviction thereof, shall be fined not more than $100,000 ($500,000 in the case of a corporation), or imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both, together with the costs of prosecution.

^___^

That will ahve to be my option then, dont have any other. I tried to file last year but H&R block decided that they would screw it up. I got a letter saying it needed to be redone, told them that and they basically said F U. This year I got a 1099 about 2 weeks ago for a night job that I had last year, ya talk about a little late

BeeRad said:
no, not at all but the chance of me falling into that kind of money and being able to pay them is slim to none, which leaves me with no option

jail's your only option, it seems. i hope you've got your tat picked out and you're practicing with broomsticks.

Thorn Bird said:
jail's your only option, it seems. i hope you've got your tat picked out and you're practicing with broomsticks.
Or you could consult a lawyer. You get ready to throw in the towel for gang rape way too easy.

Actually my other option is just to leave the US. Since I have dual citizenship I can just leave and pretty much not worry about it. I mean it hasnt came up at all so when it does I will deal with it. The company that 1099'ed me went under and alot of things got screwed up with there taxes. It might not even be an issue but I am sure as hell not going to go poking at it.

Thorn Bird said:
where will you go, and can i visit?

Canada, I absolutely love it there but leaving right now would be the wrong financial move for me. My brother moved back up after he got his degree and now he is bartending cause the lack of jobs there. I plan on moving back soon but I have some things to tend to first.

fly said:
no way, i always claim 0 and have them take out extra for me. Forced savings for the impulse spender!

QFT. Plus it makes sure that if they don't take enough out of Eric's we don't have to pay:) Got a nice refund though.

JJ Lady said:
QFT. Plus it makes sure that if they don't take enough out of Eric's we don't have to pay:) Got a nice refund though.

The government is robbing you if you claim 0.

I think I agree with Thrawn here. I spent a little time with a calculator yesterday afternoon and redid my w-4. Should break just about even this year.

Say, the w-4 doesn't affect state withholding, does it?

Sarcasmo said:
The government is robbing you if you claim 0.

we get it back. They just make a little interest off it in the meantime. Then we get a nice fat deposit in our account.