YAAAAY TAXES!!!

Did my taxes last month. Got a refund from the feds and ended up owing the state like two-hundred bucks. Pretty much par for the course.

edit: At least you get something for your tax money in canada.

so since spange is the only one who works, why can't he claim me as a dependent? i sure as hell am right now. by choice, of course. :D

and what kind of deductions do y'all claim? i'm planning to claim all my expenses from my knee surgery, which is new to me.
what else can i wrap my greedy little hands around?

I'm black so I claim the African American projects deduction, and then I claim single and some other shit too. Head of household, I think, even though it doesn't make sense. That way I get mo money each payday and whip out my Visa come tax time.

albinopar.jpg

edit: Zoinks!

I owed about $1,500 last year due to my consulting...that income wasn't taxed up front so I payed at the end of the year 1099 BS. This year I am consulting for another company but they have me on the payroll as a temp/part-time person so I am taxed normally out of each check. Plus they can't sue me if I blow up their servers or something mwuhahahaha, *cough*

In my first two years of self-employment I managed to rack up $3,000 + tax bills. Things have become less painful with the kid as an extra deduction and just my all round, "charge it to the business" attitude for as many household expenses as possible.
example: cellphones, 'net access, one car and it's fuel & maintenance, home office, etc...

Also, don't forget your charitable donations. The IRS allows you to donate up to $75 per week in cash w/ out getting a receipt. So for those of you who tithe or other wise give up some weekly cash to their congregation/synagogue/parish you get to deduct that. So, $3500 donated, if you itemize, should get you about off your tax bill.

Since I haven't done my taxes yet, I haven't bothered to look for any of this years new deductions. Perhaps I'll do that today

ERage said:
I owed about $1,500 last year due to my consulting...that income wasn't taxed up front so I payed at the end of the year 1099 BS. This year I am consulting for another company but they have me on the payroll as a temp/part-time person so I am taxed normally out of each check. Plus they can't sue me if I blow up their servers or something mwuhahahaha, *cough*

I would revisit that tax return and deduct like hell. You had to have some expenses related to that income. It may be worth revising that return.

edit - remember when you didn't give a shit about taxes?

i've never owed and if i get more than a couple hundred bucks back i change my deductions for the following year to avoid a large return