YAAAAY TAXES!!!

ChikkenNoodul said:
It's worth it to own though :D

And, of course, you can actually SEE where it goes - unlike income tax.......
I know where my income/state tax goes!

:welfare caddies
:hookers for congressmen
:federal law enforcement viz., We're from the government, we're here to help.
:the thoroughly corrupt and incompetent state of LA
:etc.

Galen said:
Council tax is to have your bins lifted, upkeep of the area etc. It's incredibly overinflated. I have no idea what he pays for it, but it's a lot I can assure that. NHS is National Health Service contributions. Even if you have Private health insurance, you still have to pay NHS. It varies from region to region, but everything in London is hideously expensive.
Ah, the council tax would be more of a town/city type thing for us then - though outside of cities one usually has to pay a private enterprise for trash pickup.

So, why would anyone want private healthcare over there when they're already paying for public? :fly:

And yeah, London is hideously expensive :shudder:

ChikkenNoodul said:
So, why would anyone want private healthcare over there when they're already paying for public? :fly:
No waiting lists, pick the hospital of your choice etc. It appeals alot more than the NHS to most.

itburnswhenipee said:
You guys have no idea how expensive it is to get sick in this country, I guess.

My wife contracted pink eye from someone in her office. She went to see a physician immediately after she had symptoms. She knew what she had, she knew where she got it, she knew it was contagious. All she really needed was a doctor to prescribe her the antibiotic eye-drops. She sat in the exam room for 15 minutes while they put different drops in her eye to make certain it was in fact pink eye and then wrote her a prescription.

Total bill: $375 (we paid $15 copay and insurance picked up the rest) but still, what about people who have no insurance that show up for more serious things?

itburnswhenipee said:
You guys have no idea how expensive it is to get sick in this country, I guess.
Most companies offer private health insurance as part of the job with health insurance companies like BUPA etc.

itburnswhenipee said:
So does the employer provided coverage cost money as well? My employer provided insurance costs me about $50 a month.
My friend is an ATC and gets it free after 2 years of service. Other companies may give you the option of it and charge a small amount each month. After all, we can get it for free, so most people don't want it.

i had blue cross, blue shield last year when i had my skiing injury. i ended up paying $3500 out of pocket, and i'm not even counting the copays and prescriptions and such. this, after paying $200 a month for insurance anyway.

we now have insurance under spange's work, but his work only covers $150 of the $500 we have to pay every month. when spange visits his narcosleepy doctor, the copay on that is $40.

it's a fucking ripoff is what it is, and i don't understand how much longer this can go on. it's a scam, a moneymaker for pricks, and it's FUCKING WITH HEALTH OF HUMAN BEINGS.

WHAT THE EVERLOVING FUCK IS GOING ON???

ERage said:
My wife contracted pink eye from someone in her office. She went to see a physician immediately after she had symptoms. She knew what she had, she knew where she got it, she knew it was contagious. All she really needed was a doctor to prescribe her the antibiotic eye-drops. She sat in the exam room for 15 minutes while they put different drops in her eye to make certain it was in fact pink eye and then wrote her a prescription.

Total bill: $375 (we paid $15 copay and insurance picked up the rest) but still, what about people who have no insurance that show up for more serious things?

This is because the doc's know that sending her on her way without all the extra stuff would be less $$ in their pockets. They know this, and they know that we have no other choice but to do it. We're like fish in a barrel. :(

Pandora said:
This is because the doc's know that sending her on her way without all the extra stuff would be less $$ in their pockets. They know this, and they know that we have no other choice but to do it. We're like fish in a barrel. :(
Exactly, hence the dental phrase "Is that an oil well under your tooth?"

Thorn Bird said:
i had blue cross, blue shield last year when i had my skiing injury. i ended up paying $3500 out of pocket, and i'm not even counting the copays and prescriptions and such. this, after paying $200 a month for insurance anyway.

we now have insurance under spange's work, but his work only covers $150 of the $500 we have to pay every month. when spange visits his narcosleepy doctor, the copay on that is $40.

it's a fucking ripoff is what it is, and i don't understand how much longer this can go on. it's a scam, a moneymaker for pricks, and it's FUCKING WITH HEALTH OF HUMAN BEINGS.

WHAT THE EVERLOVING FUCK IS GOING ON???

Exactly! Knyte works for a small company, so he is paying about 450 a month for health insurance, yet, we will still have to pay over 1k to have this baby. At least we will definitely hit our deductible this year, so if anything else is going to go wrong, I want it to happen this year as well.