Thread Xmas hauls

A new Dooney and Burke purse, Emporio Armani perfume <~ my favorite!, Adele cd, Vera wristlet, a new Garmin for my new car and some cash.

Christmas with the inlaws today but the tend to not get me much of anything.
You still use a dedicated gps?

I still use a dedicated GPS. Using my phone it chews through the battery in no time. I don't have a clip to hang my smartphone to the dash either. No one uses Waze up here either.

in dash gps.

i still keep my garmin in my car though purely because it has all my addresses and stuff in it. one of these days i'll transfer them over to sygic.

I still use a dedicated GPS. Using my phone it chews through the battery in no time. I don't have a clip to hang my smartphone to the dash either. No one uses Waze up here either.
offline maps with the phone wouldnt work?

Briqeuttes.....pffft
Briquettes are coal dust, wood char and wet corn starch as a binder. There's nothing inherently bad about them compared to lump.

There's a whole bunch of articles on the virtualweberbullet site about Kingsford charcoal. Here's an analysis of the 2015 product changes, there's also a factory tour and other stuff linked off the same article. This is a pretty serious barbecue site where people get pretty serious about their charcoal.

virtualweberbullet.com/new-kingsford-original-charcoal-briquets-formula-for-2015.html

That being said I've got half a dozen pork shoulder roasts on the smoker right now. Got 'em for 75 cents/pound in beaverdollars.

I use maple lump charcoal from quebec, mainly because the local hardware store orders it in bulk for a good price and keeps it year round.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
I got the Anova, with Bluetooth for some reason. :lol:
Dude, that's the same one I got. For whatever reason, they were having a promo on that unit & not the wifi one. I had asked here if anyone used it, but it didn't seem to be a huge asset either way (wifi or bluetooth).

Have you used it?

The tenderloin I made got rave reviews from my 'it's got to be well done' daughter!

Also, I'm excited to try spaghetti gravy with Italian sausage. My mom used to make it on the stove all day, not even a simmer, & it was delish with the sausage just falling apart with a fork. Imma try it at 150 for 8hrs with this thing & see how it works out.

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
Dude, that's the same one I got. For whatever reason, they were having a promo on that unit & not the wifi one. I had asked here if anyone used it, but it didn't seem to be a huge asset either way (wifi or bluetooth).

Have you used it?

The tenderloin I made got rave reviews from my 'it's got to be well done' daughter!

Also, I'm excited to try spaghetti gravy with Italian sausage. My mom used to make it on the stove all day, not even a simmer, & it was delish with the sausage just falling apart with a fork. Imma try it at 150 for 8hrs with this thing & see how it works out.
Very interesting that someone who likes well done liked the end product from sous vide.