WTF WTF did I just watch?!! The Tea Party are dumbf*ks!!

he's trying to fix the country.

what kind of stupid statement is that?

Of course Bush was 'trying' to break it.

from the CBO
obamavbushdebtthumb400x.jpg

you remember when he had his experts put together a great stimulus bill to keep unemployment BELOW 8%?
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=99136097

stimulusvsunemploymentj.jpg

don't give me this "trying" bullshit as if it means anything at all.

obama FAILED FAILED FAILED at the economy.

how did he fail at the economy? :lol:
HE INHERITED A DISASTER. there's no way to reverse that in 2 years let alone one term :tard:

What is to say that the economy would have been better off without the stimulus bill? Is it possible that the "Without Recovery Plan" estimates were low too?

We'll never know.

If you honestly think those are investments into america then I feel sorry for you.

I'm quite sure you are the shining beacon of hope with all the answers that the country needs. throw aside the direction of highly intelligent and vastly more educated people. FLYNAVY FOR PRES :lol:

I wouldn't be surprised if Obama gets reelected.
neither would I. I wouldn't have too much of a problem with it either, especially since I highly doubt any better option will be available

HE INHERITED A DISASTER. there's no way to reverse that in 2 years let alone one term :tard:
He inherited nothing. He willingly took on the problems.

That being said, no one expected him to reverse it in two years or a single term but what was expected of him was to not make things worse.

I'm quite sure you are the shining beacon of hope with all the answers that the country needs. throw aside the direction of highly intelligent and vastly more educated people. FLYNAVY FOR PRES :lol:
Ah yesh, because I'm the only one saying that. k then

He ran saying he'd fix it. With both houses in his back pocket and over 22 months - he hasn't.

He promoted a porkulous bill saying it would stave off unemployment. Wrong again.

He's a great conartist. & he's got you on his side. Big deal. The fact of the matter is that his best effort has made things - at least through the present time - WORSE.

What is to say that the economy would have been better off without the stimulus bill? Is it possible that the "Without Recovery Plan" estimates were low too?

We'll never know.

We can play teh 'we'll never know' game until the cows come home. What we do know is that what he said would happen hasn't. We KNOW it's worse that what he projected - by almost double.

He ran saying he'd fix it. With both houses in his back pocket and over 22 months - he hasn't.

He promoted a porkulous bill saying it would stave off unemployment. Wrong again.

He's a great conartist. & he's got you on his side. Big deal. The fact of the matter is that his best effort has made things - at least through the present time - WORSE.

Says the guy using Rush Limbaugh-isms. :D

I'll reiterate - we don't know if he made things worse. He made a decision and we live with that. There is no control group. If the economy was as black and white as critics make it out to be, we wouldn't be in this mess to begin with.

As an aside, did you guys check the budget and economic outlooks from the CBO?

The pace of growth after the recent recession is likely to be slower than usual as the economy recovers from the effects of the financial crisis and as the support to economic activity provided by fiscal policy diminishes. In the past, many recoveries from deep recessions have been quite robust. After deferring purchases during a slump (especially for expensive goods like homes, automobiles, and capital equipment), households and businesses typically boost their spending quickly as economic prospects improve. However, international experience suggests that recoveries from recessions that were spurred by financial crises tend to be slower than average—perhaps because the losses in wealth and damage to the financial system that occur during such crises weigh on spending for a number of years. Following such a crisis, it takes time for consumers to rebuild their wealth, for financial institutions to restore their capital bases, and for nonfinancial firms to regain the confidence required to invest in new plant and equipment; all of those forces tend to restrain spending. In addition, under current law, both the waning of fiscal stimulus and the scheduled increases in taxes will temporarily subtract from growth, especially in 2011.

In CBO's projections, real GDP increases by 2.8 percent between the fourth quarter of calendar year 2009 and the fourth quarter of 2010 and by 2.0 percent in 2011. Such rates of growth are well below historical norms for a recovery from a severe recession; for example, following the deep recession of 1981 and 1982, real GDP surged by nearly 8 percent in 1983 and by roughly 6 percent in 1984. In CBO's forecast, the growth of real GDP picks up after 2011, averaging 4.1 percent annually from 2012 through 2014 and closing the gap between GDP and its potential level (the amount of production that corresponds to a high use of labor and capital) by the end of 2014.

The modest growth in output projected for the next few years points to sluggish growth in employment during the remainder of this year and next. Consequently, CBO projects that the unemployment rate will decline slowly, falling to 9.3 percent at the end of 2010 and 8.8 percent at the end of 2011. After that, the growth in employment will accelerate, and the unemployment rate will decline more rapidly, reaching 5.1 percent at the end of 2014.

http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/117xx/doc11705/2010_08_19_SummaryforWeb.pdf

I'm not on his side. I just think he deserves his fair shot like anyone else. the jury is still out on whether he's going to go out a carter or a clinton.

I'd also far rather a president try and fail concentrating his efforts on the US than try and fail on multiple wars that have cost untold lives and disgusting amounts of money wasted overseas

bullshitYES, it was a waste of money and didn't stimulate shit. the program required that perfectly good vehicles be destroyed, wasting resources over some stupid environmental bullshit :waw: you didn't pay any attention to what happened to the economy, did you?

oh good god, you don't even know what was in the bill :lol: this is such a bags of sand moment what the fuck are you talking about, my taxes? when did I say I had a problem with my taxes?

And more important than that is the fact that our deficit has grown to epic proportions.

all of the above

I HAVE SOME FACTS FOR YOU.

Your political opinions ain't wort shit!

KANGAROOS 2012!

I was discussing the local Governor democratic primary debate that was on tv monday night with one of my bitch coworkers. She said she doesn't watch anything political, but that she's a responsible citizen and gets out and votes. She tells me she votes the way her party and her parents do. I chastised her for representing "the worst part of democracy." She then told me that she was better than me, because I choose not to vote at all.

Lulz.