Wrapping up 2006

You know, anyone can look at the events in their lifetime and say they had a shitty run of it... at the same time they can look and say how lucky they were. It's just a matter of how you want to look at it and what you choose to hold onto.

I choose to hold onto the good things because there isn't any point being miserable, it serves no purpose and it just plain doesn't feel good.

It's good to look back at the rough times so you can measure the progress you've made forward and see how far you've come. That's the only real purpose revisiting the past has.

Right!

I would say that I just need 1 small break to change my outlook, once that comes along my heart will be refurbished.

Right!

I would say that I just need 1 small break to change my outlook, once that comes along my heart will be refurbished.

Well, one could say that you might get a break once you change your outlook...

Well, one could say that you might get a break once you change your outlook...

Yah, and I will it is just next to impossible right now. Really hard to have a positive outlook when one of the most important figures in you life just got taken off life support yesterday :eek: . I just really wish I could tell him I love him one last time before he passes. He was what kept me in the "family circle". He is the only person outside of my mom/dad and brother who gave a shit.

After I get done with this very merry christmas though I will be revamping a lot of things.

the past year, like the past...five or six or twenty-two has been a series of ups and downs. I'm still alive, relatively healthy and free so whatever. I did make a number of decisions that will have far reaching impacts on my life but then again I regret taking so long do this because now I'm at a crunch and if I don't succeed and excel the first time around then dreams and goals all go down the toilet

This is why procrastination is bad. It's almost 2007 and I'm no closer to achieving any lifelong goal than I was when I was 17.

sarah's still the best thing that's happened to me in a long time so I'm glad we got along for the majority of the year :cool:

2006 has been the best year I can remember in my recent life. For the first time in I don't know how long, nobody close to me died. My friend in California is suicidal, but she has promised to wait until 2007 to do it just for me. Now I just have to find another reason for her to stay with us.

In August, my sister married a wonderful guy who is perfect for her and she for him. Every time I think about that I well up with tears of happiness because my sister has had many bad relationships and been hurt a lot. She deserves this change for the better and I couldn't be more thrilled.

My mother decided to move on with her life this year, retired from her job and bought a fabulous condo overlooking the Potomac river. She moved to Virginia to be closer to my sister because after the wedding my sister moved there too. They both previously lived in Maryland. My mom and I actually get along better than she and my sister do, but she didn't want to move to Ohio. IBWIP and I didn't want to be in Ohio either.

So then the news came that IBWIP found a new job and we get to move back to Maryland! We will miss our home in Ohio and a lot of the charm that it holds, but we are excited to be moving closer to our families and friends.

2006 has also been a great year for making new friends. For us, this forum has not only been a distraction from work and boredom, but a real home with good people and good friends. We are so happy to have met each and every one of you that we have, and we look forward to meeting more of you in the future. This group of people is one of the most special things in my life. I feel like I can say anything here without fear of being judged or ridiculed (unless I really deserve it ;)). All of you are wonderful!

Brad, I know how you feel right now, as I've had years like you have. I hope that the rest of this year and next year are better to you. I hope that we all can give you the support you need to get through all of this. :heart:

edit: oh...we also got this really annoying but cute and fun kitten

Last edited:
Thats the weird part, I had a lot of good things happen this year but the bad just kept piling up and ended up out weighing the good. I am happy for a lot that has happened this year though :)

focus more on the good, not that it helps much, but hey, every little bit counts. eventually all the good times will flow in, i look at it this way, im just getting all the bad shit over with early

This thread is depressing. I would post my own woes, but I really just want to put it all behind me.

Therefore, here's a picture of a puppy:

135457494087c233.jpg

I'm glad we got along for the majority of the year :cool:

In this respect, it's been the best year ever for us, we have spent the least amount of time fighting this year than we have any year since we met.

:fly:

k,4

My year has been a little of both. For the good this is the first year since 98 that I haven't been in some desert shit hole. I won custody of my daughter after a long nasty court battle. I met all of you great forum people. And for those of you I've got to spend time with you have helped me semi normal again (you guys are my first non-military/non-Intel community friends since 98). Plus I did find the power of the stache. On the bad side I did break paths with my best friend/partner/lover so that’s a crappy way to end the year. Plus it is very scary being a single full-time military dad. Not a day goes by that I'm not worried about that.

This year was much better than years passed for me. It's the happiest I have ever been. I have made some wonderful friends, married my perfect match, and thrown some of the best parties ever. I acquired a new baby (Willah) and lost an old friend (B.) I still get misty when I think of him in case you were wondering.

A few things I have learned: financially things will never get better unless you win the lottery. You will always spend more than you make.

Weed out the baggage. You have enough of your own it is impossible to take on others and still remain sane.

Don't play doctor. Only he should tell you when it's time to get off your meds.

Every once in awhile stop and listen to someone you respect and actually TAKE their advice instead of trying to give it.

As friends and family evolve and change try not to make the same mistakes twice. Make sure you know who is really important and who you can live without.

A little moderation never hurts. Neither does overdoing it every once in awhile.

We love you Brad - I am so glad you found some solitude in coming over Saturday night. <3

My year has been a little of both. For the good this is the first year since 98 that I haven't been in some desert shit hole. I won custody of my daughter after a long nasty court battle. I met all of you great forum people. And for those of you I've got to spend time with you have helped me semi normal again (you guys are my first non-military/non-Intel community friends since 98). Plus I did find the power of the stache. On the bad side I did break paths with my best friend/partner/lover so that’s a crappy way to end the year. Plus it is very scary being a single full-time military dad. Not a day goes by that I'm not worried about that.

Shawn and I were talking about the possibility of your deployment the other night and how one handles that as a single Dad. :(