Wrapping up 2006

Just wanted to pop in and say Hi from Canada. We had the viewing tonight and it turned out completely wonderful. About 150+ people showed up because he was such an amazing man and touched so many in so many ways. It suprisingly a very happy ocassion with everyone laughing and remembering him for who he was. Tomorrow will be the sad day though with the funeral but it was really nice having a whole night of happiness. Thanks again to all of you, some I know and some who have become good friends just through our online experience. It really means a lot to me knowing that I have a whole community, no, family that cares in there own way. I may stay up here for longer than I planned and am really thinking of just staying for good. I will try to get back on later in the week, talk to you all soon

I feel for ya mang :heart:

I found out yesterday that Grandpa Chikken passed away :(

My Deepest Sympathies CN. :heart:
364576088a365e0.gif

:heart: Chikken. Are you going to the viewing/funeral?

You guys aren't the only ones. I just found out Wednesday that a friend of my families passed away. I knew him and conversed with him, but I wasn't close to him. So, the emotion that usually follows this isn't there.

Still, I say remember them -the good, the not so good and they will live on in your hearts.

I am sorry to hear that my musies and chikken, tuff year all around for some of us. Whatever doesnt kill us makes us, well hopefully stronger, lol.

The funeral today was so amazing. We all thought that it would be a dreadful day but for some reason us all being together really helped. It was more of a celebration of life than a funeral even though it was set up as a funeral. The priest my papa had picked out had just passed on this year so we had to find another but he was just perfect anyways. There is only 8 of us in our close family so we were really able to use each others strengths today. It was funny because the two strongest hard headed asshole (my dad and I) were the ones who were at the verge of breaking all day, lol. The teary ones, my mom, brother, aunt and uncle, two cousins and nana were alot stronger. It was a complete flip of what normally goes on in our family. Everything went very smoothly though and I got to see alot of relatives who are not around. Even my papa's sister, Floss who always accused me of cheating in Go Fish, lol, shes quite old too but still hasnt lost her amazing personality. Well time for a nap and then to do what us Canadians do oh so well, drink our asses off!!! Although my duty free Jager only has about a shot left, haha

I am sorry to hear that my musies and chikken, tuff year all around for some of us. Whatever doesnt kill us makes us, well hopefully stronger, lol.

The funeral today was so amazing. We all thought that it would be a dreadful day but for some reason us all being together really helped. It was more of a celebration of life than a funeral even though it was set up as a funeral. The priest my papa had picked out had just passed on this year so we had to find another but he was just perfect anyways. There is only 8 of us in our close family so we were really able to use each others strengths today. It was funny because the two strongest hard headed asshole (my dad and I) were the ones who were at the verge of breaking all day, lol. The teary ones, my mom, brother, aunt and uncle, two cousins and nana were alot stronger. It was a complete flip of what normally goes on in our family. Everything went very smoothly though and I got to see alot of relatives who are not around. Even my papa's sister, Floss who always accused me of cheating in Go Fish, lol, shes quite old too but still hasnt lost her amazing personality. Well time for a nap and then to do what us Canadians do oh so well, drink our asses off!!! Although my duty free Jager only has about a shot left, haha

:) Awesome! You are having a great time with your family and that's what counts. Come back to FL safely.

:heart: Chikken. Are you going to the viewing/funeral?

You guys aren't the only ones. I just found out Wednesday that a friend of my families passed away. I knew him and conversed with him, but I wasn't close to him. So, the emotion that usually follows this isn't there.

Still, I say remember them -the good, the not so good and they will live on in your hearts.

I did yeah, it was on Saturday...

I managed to hold it together until we got to the funeral home and saw him laying there, luckily we had picked up my mom and grandpa's girlfriend so we were the first ones there - I couldn't take it, had to leave to the 'private' room :(

The reverend was lame, but it was great that many of his friends and family made it to the service - including my mother's high school band teacher who had remained good friends with grandpa. Kind of interesting to get to meet one of your parents' teachers :cool:

Sadly I had to come home today cause I had a whole lotta stuff to take care of here. I miss it already but there is that slight nice feeling of being home.

I have a bunch of UF to catch up on for the last week, hold on let me see if I can predict what I missed...

Shawn made sentences that you all had to google.

One of Candy's employees killed someone and she helped bury the body.

Mikey beat me in my arcade games.

Coqui stole those titles from Mikey

Ruthless stunted on his bike.

Floppy Tickle made some really cool mustache pictures.

My Musie chimmed in a couple times and might have made a new Joke thread.

Acoust found a couple threads to kill

Fly made passes at DZ

A whole bunch of Miata driving

Ape drank something sick and was caught on video

Thorny and Pandora kicked someones butt for making fun of kids!

ummmmm what else am I missing?