Would you date my old High School flame? i.e. my attempt at content

Sarcasmo said:
It makes us cry.
:lol: What's wierd is to think of how different my life would have been if I never got married, or divorced....

I think it's pretty safe to say I'm happy with all of the results.

Thorn Bird said:
i totally agree here, too. this day and age, who says that marriage is the right fit for everyone? (i feel the same about kids.) if you don't want kids, don't have 'em! if you don't want to get married, don't do it!

I do agree with this.

In the same sense what about this common law business. I've heard you can be concidered "Married" or equivelant.. Is this still something that can be enforced?

b_sinning said:
I have a fear of going to jail and a big sweaty hairy guy telling me that same statement.

my program helps prep for this exact situation. if you have an iron badonkadonk, there will be no fear.

pa said:
I do agree with this.

In the same sense what about this common law business. I've heard you can be concidered "Married" or equivelant.. Is this still something that can be enforced?
http://www.unmarried.org/common-law-marriage.html

In most states in the United States** today, there's no such thing as common law marriage. No matter how many years you live together and how much fairy dust you sprinkle, you will never have a common law marriage. That's good news if you're worried about "accidentally" finding yourself married, but bad news if you wanted the perks of marriage without the paperwork.

In fifteen states and the District of Columbia (see below), though, common law marriages are recognized. If a man and a woman (same-sex marriages aren't recognized) live together and "intend to be married" by acting like they are married, telling people they are married, and doing the things married people do (using words like "husband" and "wife," filing joint tax returns, etc.), they become common law spouses. This gives them the same rights and responsibilities as people who got married the old-fashioned way, with a trip to City Hall and a wedding.

zengirl said:
:confused:

How is society adversely effected by my divorce?
When you file for marriage with the state, you are making people work on your behalf so that you can receive benefits.

You clog up the legal system with your divorce (messy one's especially) and take away resources that could have been used elsewhere.

Stuff like that. I could go on and on how you consume resources of the state because of starting and stopping a marriage, but hopefully you get the point. It isn't just about you at that point, you're involving the government, which involves everyone (much to Chikken's dismay).

Bubbles said:
:fly:

I'm not sure, but apparently it invoves a brand new house of my choice in - Florida thoguh

Let me get this straight .. your parents will buy you a brand new house if you get married .. but right now you live in a scary neighborhood, can't afford car insurance and they own the company that fired you. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Your mom is pretty dam anxious to get you married!

gottoys? said:
Let me get this straight .. your parents will buy you a brand new house if you get married .. but right now you live in a scary neighborhood, can't afford car insurance and they own the company that fired you. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Your mom is pretty dam anxious to get you married!

Yeah, she says I'm an old maid. It REALLY sucked when I let it slip to her that Amy was engaged. She wants me to go to the Matza Ball this year too :rolleyes:

you need to tell them that you're a lesbian to get them off of your back. that's just insane. i hope you let what they say go in one ear and out the other.

Bubbles said:
OMG that would be even worse. That sort of thing is absolutely not tolerated in that half of my family. :eek:

it sounds like nothing much is. can't be single, can't be lesbian, can't be skinny, can't be fat...

sounds like a lot of hobobabble to me. i'm glad you're (slowly) getting out of such a toxic surrounding. :heart:

theacoustician said:
When you file for marriage with the state, you are making people work on your behalf so that you can receive benefits.

You clog up the legal system with your divorce (messy one's especially) and take away resources that could have been used elsewhere.

Stuff like that. I could go on and on how you consume resources of the state because of starting and stopping a marriage, but hopefully you get the point. It isn't just about you at that point, you're involving the government, which involves everyone (much to Chikken's dismay).
benefits?

We knew a judge, he was on vacation, our lawyer went out to his cabin and got him to sign off on the papers, then it was a matter of filing.

Not every divorce is a big deal, and when you get a divorce you pay court costs, I don't understand where you're getting your information from

Bubbles said:
OMG that would be even worse. That sort of thing is absolutely not tolerated in that half of my family. :eek:
Sorry but... Don't be a doormat. Think things clearly through. Decide what you want, because fuck it, nothing else really matters. When they "tell" you what to do just be honest. Of course by honest I mean in the most brutal way possible because that is generally the only way to get through to people. If they dont like it, it doesnt really matter. Your life, you make the descisions.

Of course you really arent that kinda person, from posts anyway. I would'nt try to judge you solely based on what I see on an internet forum. Even though, it wouldnt hurt to at least think this way when dealing with said problems. I really cant stand doormats or followers and think I'm doing a favour by telling them how to stop being abused? (probably the wrong word).

I shutup now.

Note: FG is not responsible for any advice he gives and accepts no responsibility for the use of that advice in the event of mayhem, death, extended familial rifts etc.

Thorn Bird said:
it sounds like nothing much is. can't be single, can't be lesbian, can't be skinny, can't be fat...

sounds like a lot of hobobabble to me. i'm glad you're (slowly) getting out of such a toxic surrounding. :heart:

QFT! You seem like such a strong in your face kinda person for the most part, I don't know why you don't tell your mom she's 'whacked'.

pa said:
As much as i agree with you, if your at teh point that you are wanting to get married, you've already waited as long as you need to . its not like 90 percent of divorced couples went out and had some shotgun wedding.

i havent finished the thread so if someone asked this, i apologize.

please explain 'wanting to get married.' if you mean you have known someone long enough to get along with them despite the ups and downs that come with life and still enjoy their company, that's great. but if you mean that you as an individual feel that you are ready for marriage and that's good enough to say your ido's with the chick you just met(for the first time since highschool i.e.), i would like to smack you. so if you have the time, explain. if not, i will just assume that i am required to smack you across the back of the head if i meet you.

p.s. that would be the brainpan general area, i know one of you freaks would try it. i have no desire to see his junk in person.