Working when hungover

Dory Berkowitz-Bukowski

Clam whisperer
Oct 15, 2004
Robin Hood Country
Marklar
₥14,432
I went out last night to some punk gig and was drinking double rums from 5pm til when I left. As a consequence I'm still probably a bit drunk (or hungover, but I still can't even walk all that straight) at work. When I was younger (like 15) I couldn't cope with getting up after drinking and going to work but when I got my job in a bowling alley when I was 16 I pretty much came to work fucked every single shift I did. I'd have to call my mum every Sunday to take me there because I could barely get out of bed, I'd be sick like every 10minutes for the whole time but I did my job just fine and everybody just thought I was having trouble looking after myself, not that I was partying til the minute I had to get my ass to work.

So anyway, this was my long winded way of saying how do you cope at work when you're hungover? I perform my job just fine, I'm sure any idiot could do, but I think the killer for me is feeling so damn tired and after a few hours I just wanna curl up and sleep for a while.

I don't get hangovers.

Ever.

And blah blah blah I dont drink enough but I do.

When I have a cold or something though (closest thing), I usually take copious amounts of painkillers, and put more painkillers in my pockets and spend the entire thing feeling like a marshmallow.

Then again, it's normal for me to be in pain, barely able to stay awake, and hardly able to breathe (have indoor allergies) on the job. That's just what going to work means.

Meh, prolly catch up sometime.

Do you ever get that queasy feeling when you get woken up from a really deep sleep? Usually happens when I have to go to work early, makes me feel like crap all day. Then you cant sleep, and you have a sorta lingering headache.

Some guy made me beans in the morning once

With ketchup...

The thought of it still makes me ill :lol:

Hmmm, sounds like it'd settle your stomach. A friend of mine used to have ketchup with everything (not sure if he still does). You'd cook him a nice meal like a curry or something and he'd always put ketchup all over it. :(

Anyway, back on topic and back to work.

Your hangover chances are less if you are drinking glasses of water alongside your drink of choice.

Yeah and I always intend to do something like that, except when you're drunk you forget little details like that. I always think 'oh I'll have a pint of water before I sleep' but inevitably I end up falling out the taxi, dragging my clothes off and just passing out instead. :fly:

Yeah and I always intend to do something like that, except when you're drunk you forget little details like that. I always think 'oh I'll have a pint of water before I sleep' but inevitably I end up falling out the taxi, dragging my clothes off and just passing out instead. :fly:

Eeek! Have a drink then a glass of water, have a drink then... etc. Keeps you from getting to sloshed too fast too.

I'm not a pro drinker (or a fan of it), but thats how I would do it. :fly: