Working when hungover

I went out last night to some punk gig and was drinking double rums from 5pm til when I left. As a consequence I'm still probably a bit drunk (or hungover, but I still can't even walk all that straight) at work. When I was younger (like 15) I couldn't cope with getting up after drinking and going to work but when I got my job in a bowling alley when I was 16 I pretty much came to work fucked every single shift I did. I'd have to call my mum every Sunday to take me there because I could barely get out of bed, I'd be sick like every 10minutes for the whole time but I did my job just fine and everybody just thought I was having trouble looking after myself, not that I was partying til the minute I had to get my ass to work.

So anyway, this was my long winded way of saying how do you cope at work when you're hungover? I perform my job just fine, I'm sure any idiot could do, but I think the killer for me is feeling so damn tired and after a few hours I just wanna curl up and sleep for a while.
BC Powder. Aspirin (ASA) and Caffeine. Choke one or two of these down and you'll be good in twenty minutes.

I went out last night to some punk gig and was drinking double rums from 5pm til when I left. As a consequence I'm still probably a bit drunk (or hungover, but I still can't even walk all that straight) at work. When I was younger (like 15) I couldn't cope with getting up after drinking and going to work but when I got my job in a bowling alley when I was 16 I pretty much came to work fucked every single shift I did. I'd have to call my mum every Sunday to take me there because I could barely get out of bed, I'd be sick like every 10minutes for the whole time but I did my job just fine and everybody just thought I was having trouble looking after myself, not that I was partying til the minute I had to get my ass to work.

So anyway, this was my long winded way of saying how do you cope at work when you're hungover? I perform my job just fine, I'm sure any idiot could do, but I think the killer for me is feeling so damn tired and after a few hours I just wanna curl up and sleep for a while.

I used to do okay.

I wake up thinking !!! Hey I feel fine!!! Jump in the shower, start getting ready. Then it hits me. You feel fine cause you are still shit face drunk.

I can think of 3 times in the last two years this happened.

1 Wife and I wake up on the floor, broken glass all over the place. We're both late for work, the dog is looking at us funny and I have no idea how I got home. ( I don't drink and drive I walk) I call and say my dog is sick and I have to take her in.. They say fine see you at noon. Noon comes around and I still can't get my shit together. Then it hits me... I left my Macbook Pro at the fucking bar... DAMN IT. I had started at a cafe w/ some friends and it turned into happy hour. 4pm-3am. At noon I call in and say I have too much on my hands and that I will be in the next day. I go back to the Tavern my laptop is waiting for me and I go ahead and keep drinking as I'm sure nothing else can go wrong.

2. I'm working in an office that is connected to a church. The night before me and my buddy go to the "cable kick off party" We end up drinking all the left over wine in our bare feet on the roof of our condos and smoking cigs all night. I wake up and know I feel like shit. I eat, hydrate, shower, take all my vitamins. I'm sitting in this office connected to the church just PRAYING no one else comes in that day. My buddy comes to pick me up at lunch and says he can smell me from the door... I take the rest of the day off.

3. I've taken off Friday and 1/2 Thursday for a lil Vacation so on Wednesday I head to do some shopping w/ a couple of buddies. We're going to a Hugo Boss sale and they always have good beer and food. That turns into a place called Quarter Bar. My buddies work mates show up and he tells me to close the tab it's on the companies bill from now on... OUCH. I show up at home w/ no shirt on and my cell phone is missing. I go to work the next day and my office is in this lil corner at the back of a data center. My Co-worker comes in says I smell so fucking bad she'd rather me just finish up what I have going on and leave so no one else smells me.

So because of these stories I pretty much try to stay the fuck away from getting hammered during the week.

i mjight be hammered tomorrow. but that's ok. it wa worth it. godamn i mess this sometimes. miss!! miss!! that's waht i mean.