Working when hungover

True. The only time I've ever sat with a glass of water is when I'm too hungover to contemplate anything, but even in that state I usually order a G&T instead. A G&T would properly sort me out I think.

mmmmmm G&T. Makes me feel like the Queen Mum.:D

cup of coffee in one hand, bottle of gatorade in the other. coffee to wake me up, gatorade to quell the quease.

also, i make sure i have a starchy and greasy breakfast, that seems to help calm the stomach. as for the bright fluorescent lights and prodding coworkers, that's what your middle finger is for ;)

yeah, water.

coffee.

keep movin (I have some EXTREMELY long days sometimes and so I believe in the power of inertia)

also, sometimes you can mindf*ck yourself. keep trying to tell yourself you're not tired and not feeling like crap. helps sometimes.

First off rehydrate, some food, and some pain killers for your head.

I try never to drink to the hangover danger zone on work nights anymore. I've done it too many times and just don't want to deal with it anymore. My job requires me often to do a lot of running around campus so I've taken a nap or two in the nicer network closets to try to recover from a hangover.

I totally agree with Shal on the mental part. You just have to tell yourself that you can do this and just keep making yourself go and try to ignore the hangover.

I don't get hangovers, either. However, if you are going out drinking, take a couple of multivitamins with B complex (usually stress tabs) then hydrate yourself and finish the night with something greasy.

I don't get hangovers, either. However, if you are going out drinking, take a couple of multivitamins with B complex (usually stress tabs) then hydrate yourself and finish the night with something greasy.

I remember I got a bottle once of something called 5-HTP and basically it makes your brain better after taking esctacy etc. I bet that would be good, you have such refreshing sleep when you take some of it.

It was more that 'proberly' isn't a word in the slightest that I was querying. After 7 G&Ts I'm usually drunk but I could still carry on for 7 more. I've not yet been defeated by either Gin or Rum.

How many before I can get you to send nekkid pitchurs?

Chikken will think this is blasphemy tho.

:fly:

Actually, I drink an exceptionally large quantity of water each day.

If I don't I have zero energy and terrible headaches (Until the first beer anyway)

I had a fever one day last week and didn't drink enough, lost 10lbs of water weight and felt like crap once the fever was gone.